Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 fcs playoffs

Default Re: 2023 fcs playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Out of the 23 other teams:
    5 are MVFC(2 seeds and 4 1st round home games, including us)
    6 we've never played(Duquesne, Chattanooga, Gardner-Webb, Mercer, NCC, Villanova)
    2 we've played pre-1973(Sac St, Idaho - who is 3-0 against us)
    Drake is 2-1 all time against us. 2 pre-73 wins and a loss last year.
    It's unlikely we'll see fresh blood, but at least we get to tie the record against Drake.
    I like your thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    You have the worse case of little man syndrome I have ever seen. To actively pursue, someone needs to answer the phone!
    It's funny that so many peoples argument against FBS hinges on Chapo not having an answer to your question. Never questioning actual leadership because that requires thinking that maybe NDSU isn't perfect, it's much easier to question the loud mouth on the message board with 8 fans.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    It's funny that so many peoples argument against FBS hinges on Chapo not having an answer to your question. Never questioning actual leadership because that requires thinking that maybe NDSU isn't perfect, it's much easier to question the loud mouth on the message board with 8 fans.
    Can you name one single poster who's against FBS? The vast majority of us rationally discuss the reasons we haven't had an invite. A select few throw a tantrum because they didn't get a pony for their birthday.

Out of the 23 other teams:
    5 are MVFC(2 seeds and 4 1st round home games, including us)
    6 we've never played(Duquesne, Chattanooga, Gardner-Webb, Mercer, NCC, Villanova)
    2 we've played pre-1973(Sac St, Idaho - who is 3-0 against us)
    Drake is 2-1 all time against us. 2 pre-73 wins and a loss last year.
    It's unlikely we'll see fresh blood, but at least we get to tie the record against Drake.
    So......then.....is Drake the only D1 team in Iowa with a winning record against NDSU?....geez.

He has 8 fans
    TRUST THE PROCESS

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It’s actually funny that when someone replies to the little man’s continuous BS you believe they are against a move to FBS. If the MWC showed us any interest at all, I’m all in. MAC or CUSA, not so much!

Can you name one single poster who's against FBS? The vast majority of us rationally discuss the reasons we haven't had an invite. A select few throw a tantrum because they didn't get a pony for their birthday.
    For the record, I don't think the quoted poster was being "rational" by going to the tired "little man syndrome" comeback. And wait, you guys got ponies?? The fuck, I'm about to tantrum.

The thing is, and probably what bothers people the most about it, he's not wrong though. I get that tact and angle matter, but it really feels like, at least publicly, NDSU is not looking to the FBS. Our small market is going to be even more of a hinderance if we let this juggernaut fade again. The 90s in the FD were bleak, I, for one, am not trying to relive those days in the watered down FCS. Our peers have separated themselves. We had a bad year and we are still easily a top 10 team...we belong less now than when we were a transitioning DII team.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For the record, I don't think the quoted poster was being "rational" by going to the tired "little man syndrome" comeback. And wait, you guys got ponies?? The fuck, I'm about to tantrum.

The thing is, and probably what bothers people the most about it, he's not wrong though. I get that tact and angle matter, but it really feels like, at least publicly, NDSU is not looking to the FBS. Our small market is going to be even more of a hinderance if we let this juggernaut fade again. The 90s in the FD were bleak, I, for one, am not trying to relive those days in the watered down FCS. Our peers have separated themselves. We had a bad year and we are still easily a top 10 team...we belong less now than when we were a transitioning DII team.
    The Valley and the Big Sky are still very strong FCS conferences. The CAA, Southern and Southland, once good Leagues are not what they were. That’s the problem with FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    That’s always the comeback of you FCS PUD HOOPLE-ITES

YOU NEED TO HAVE AN AD & PRES actively pursuing a FBS INVITE

They haven’t

Same old Wash, Rinse Repeat by Chapo.

In other words, ya still got nothing.
    Just your normal Bisonville Fatigue Disinformation.
    No FBS conference was interested in NDSU. Period.

yea because we are being LED by PUD ADMIN!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?