Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I tried to keep track of QB runs in this last game and think that Cam only had two pure QB runs. There were a couple scrambles and the rest were zone reads. That first drive that had a couple RB runs up the middle - I think all (or all but one) of those were all zone reads where Cam chose the RB option. So maybe it's not that we went away from those runs, it was just the Cam read that he should keep the ball.

BTW, the 1st quarter play where NDSU lost 3 yards on 3rd and goal from the 3? I gotta think that was a misread and that the ball should've gone to Rajah... I mean, even before the ball was snapped, it was all wrong for Cam keeping it because our RG and RT slanted, in and they had two guys lined up offset to the outside in front of them and another guy line up just outside of them. Their two interior direct opposites just kept outside leverage and it was Cam vs 3 Salukis.
    This is what I have been alluding to since the QB run game controversy started. I think most of the QB runs are being called on the field. But then, if the coaches don't like that they have apparently not done much to change it.

One thing I have found frustrating is them not using the power I formation. They lined up that way once last Saturday and T-Mac ran right over center for 6 yards or so. They never did it again. ????

Anyway, happy to not be pissing and moaning about the defense. #hopeful
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I tried to keep track of QB runs in this last game and think that Cam only had two pure QB runs. There were a couple scrambles and the rest were zone reads. That first drive that had a couple RB runs up the middle - I think all (or all but one) of those were all zone reads where Cam chose the RB option. So maybe it's not that we went away from those runs, it was just the Cam read that he should keep the ball.

BTW, the 1st quarter play where NDSU lost 3 yards on 3rd and goal from the 3? I gotta think that was a misread and that the ball should've gone to Rajah... I mean, even before the ball was snapped, it was all wrong for Cam keeping it because our RG and RT slanted, in and they had two guys lined up offset to the outside in front of them and another guy line up just outside of them. Their two interior direct opposites just kept outside leverage and it was Cam vs 3 Salukis.
    I commented during the game that you can clearly see Cam never even looks to the right before or after the snap(until he's running that way). He clearly misread things but it seemed the misread was a direct result of not even looking over the entire defense.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

New video director + cinematic recap...

https://x.com/landen1415/status/1724556771623088199?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    New video director + cinematic recap...

https://x.com/landen1415/status/1724556771623088199?s=20
    Oh yeah baby! I DIG it!

Hype video by Friday?

Hi Mom.
    Don't believe everything you think.