Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GDT @ #8 Creighton

Default Re: GDT @ #8 Creighton

I see everyone else missed this like I did today.
    29 point L to #8
    do we have 1 player that would play for them? I didn't watch
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I believe dwt would play for them
    I watched from the stand was close in the first half
    Remember expectations when cheering for the 261st funded team in d1
    TRUST THE PROCESS

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I believe dwt would play for them
    I watched from the stand was close in the first half
    Remember expectations when cheering for the 261st funded team in d1
    That’s weak. What were we when we just transitioned? We beat Wisconsin. Marquette. Gave Kansas a game. Played kState tough. Beat Notre Dame. Beat Oklahoma.

Weird we didn’t have a brand new facility then. We played in the old run down BSA. Excuses for poor play everytime we play a team under Dave that gets their ass kicked by the big boys. We are never competitive.

What we had were two really good basketball coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our two veteren leaders can't disappear in these games. Skunkberg and Morgan absolutly have to show up in these type of games to have a punchers chance.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was actually looking alright in the first half.

Agreed... I am not sure what changed but I do miss those teams from the dumpy BSA.

I guess college basketball has changed 5 years ago we still have Grant Nelson and who knows what would have happened vs Creighton.

I have mixed feelings about Coach Richman.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watched this game at BWW's until it turned into a blowout and we headed into the dome for the football game, it was nice to see us compete early in one of these games. It recent years it's always been these P5 teams just jump out by 15-20 early and by time we settle in it's too late. The guys battled early and was good to see, Skunberg played terrible, bad passes, couldn't get a shot to fall, really rough game for him. DWT played really well, Morgs didn't finish with a great stat line but did look good in spurts, he really just needs to develop the touch around the rim a bit, he gets great position, makes a nice move and goes up for those little 5 footers and too many are hitting rim and rolling out, he shoulda finished with 15-20 in this game. Creighton is a juggernut, they have as good a shot as anyone to win it all this year, we kept it close while holding Kalkbrenner to 0 points in the first half but then Creighton remembered they have a dominant 7'1" big man and just kept feeding him and we didn't have an answer, if we tried to double he'd kick it out for a 3, their offense is incredible.

Two big differences between the big wins we had back over Wisconsin & Marquette and then also Oklahoma, those teams were not the elite of the elite in college basketball and we also had an experienced and elite PG in Woody & LA. DWT showed some fire, I think he'll get there and I think this team would have a chance to beat some lower tier P5 schools like the Notre Dame team we beat a few years back. But Creighton this year, Arizona and Kansas last year, they are the best of the best and it would take one incredible performance to knock them off. If we got say Georgetown or Depaul or even Butler from the Big East on the schedule instead of Creighton then yeah, we would much more likely come away with a W but that's why schools like that won't schedule us in the first place.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Watched this game at BWW's until it turned into a blowout and we headed into the dome for the football game, it was nice to see us compete early in one of these games. It recent years it's always been these P5 teams just jump out by 15-20 early and by time we settle in it's too late. The guys battled early and was good to see, Skunberg played terrible, bad passes, couldn't get a shot to fall, really rough game for him. DWT played really well, Morgs didn't finish with a great stat line but did look good in spurts, he really just needs to develop the touch around the rim a bit, he gets great position, makes a nice move and goes up for those little 5 footers and too many are hitting rim and rolling out, he shoulda finished with 15-20 in this game. Creighton is a juggernut, they have as good a shot as anyone to win it all this year, we kept it close while holding Kalkbrenner to 0 points in the first half but then Creighton remembered they have a dominant 7'1" big man and just kept feeding him and we didn't have an answer, if we tried to double he'd kick it out for a 3, their offense is incredible.

Two big differences between the big wins we had back over Wisconsin & Marquette and then also Oklahoma, those teams were not the elite of the elite in college basketball and we also had an experienced and elite PG in Woody & LA. DWT showed some fire, I think he'll get there and I think this team would have a chance to beat some lower tier P5 schools like the Notre Dame team we beat a few years back. But Creighton this year, Arizona and Kansas last year, they are the best of the best and it would take one incredible performance to knock them off. If we got say Georgetown or Depaul or even Butler from the Big East on the schedule instead of Creighton then yeah, we would much more likely come away with a W but that's why schools like that won't schedule us in the first place.
    LOL seriously! You think teams are scared to schedule us.....Man you Daves relative or what? We haven't competed with any P5 teams since Dave took over We have played several teams that were average at best and they killed us. The big difference was Dave wasn't the coach. He gets to recruit his players no? Dave is good against crappy teams...Even our conference is half as good as it used to be.

Again I will ask. How did previous coaches with crappy facilities and zero tradition recruit and coach kids to be successful against better competition but Dave can't do it....Imagine what Tim Miles could have done with the facilities we have now....

LOL are you the guy that walks around with all the folders/binders at the game or is that the Icon? i'm so confused.

NDSU hasn't come close to beating a P5 in Dave's 10 looooooooong years here, just stealing $$$ .

they play UCD & Montana next 2, you should win those guys so we will see what we got.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    LOL seriously! You think teams are scared to schedule us.....Man you Daves relative or what? We haven't competed with any P5 teams since Dave took over We have played several teams that were average at best and they killed us. The big difference was Dave wasn't the coach. He gets to recruit his players no? Dave is good against crappy teams...Even our conference is half as good as it used to be.

Again I will ask. How did previous coaches with crappy facilities and zero tradition recruit and coach kids to be successful against better competition but Dave can't do it....Imagine what Tim Miles could have done with the facilities we have now....
    If Tim Miles had the facilities we have now he woulda been outta here even faster than he was, he's my favorite coach we've ever had, I'd kill to have him back. I'm not saying Dave isn't part of the blame, he 100% is, letting a team go on a 15-0 run to open the 2nd half and not calling a time out to stop the bleeding and make adjustments is just piss poor game management and so is not having an answer for Creighton's adjustments. My biggest issue with Dave is we seem to have no gameplan for our opponents and all I ever hear in his interviews is "we are focused on us" and that's just not how you win these games. I'm not saying we couldn't be better, all I'm saying is Creighton is an Elite 8 team that returned it's top 3 players plus depth, Kansas didn't lose to a team not in the top 25 last season and Arizona's only non-con loss was to Utah. The last 3 power 5 games have been real tall tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    LOL are you the guy that walks around with all the folders/binders at the game or is that the Icon? i'm so confused.

NDSU hasn't come close to beating a P5 in Dave's 10 looooooooong years here, just stealing $$$ .

they play UCD & Montana next 2, you should win those guys so we will see what we got.
    2020 season we should've beat Kansas, we were up on them late and then Dave went into stall mode instead of continuing to attack and we pissed it down our leg and lost by 4. Also stuck with Creighton and TCU that season, so to say we haven't come close isn't exactly true but close doesn't count and it's incredibly frustrating that we haven't gotten it done once in the Richman era. I'm just not as disappointed in losing to Creighton as I would've been if we lost to a team like California who's terrible like St Thomas did where it should be a win.