Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Dakota Bowl XXXI (2023)

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dakota Bowl XXXI (2023)

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    For the 23-24 academic year freshmen and sophomores are at Minot North. Both High and North will be incredibly bad at football starting in the fall of ‘25. I’m afraid it will kill the football programs at both schools if they stay in AAA. They would at least have a chance to be .500 in AA. Both schools’ enrollment should be under the cutoff.
    Well Legacy went 0fer this year after BHS did last year. I'm not sure the state will care. Can't believe they won't let williston drop down.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For the 23-24 academic year freshmen and sophomores are at Minot North. Both High and North will be incredibly bad at football starting in the fall of ‘25. I’m afraid it will kill the football programs at both schools if they stay in AAA. They would at least have a chance to be .500 in AA. Both schools’ enrollment should be under the cutoff.
    Where are they attending classes? I believe the new building is still under construction.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Where are they attending classes? I believe the new building is still under construction.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Everybodyʼs still attending classes at Central and Magic City Campus. The only thing that’s separate is sports at the sub-varsity level. They’re practicing separately. The new campus will open fall ‘24. For now, girls’ hockey, boys’/girls’ wrestling, and boys’/girls’ swimming will remain one sport. I can’t remember about boys’ hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    Well Legacy went 0fer this year after BHS did last year. I'm not sure the state will care. Can't believe they won't let williston drop down.
    I think the enrollment at both schools will fall below the AAA/AA cutoff. My concern is the arrogance of the athletic program will want them to opt up.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Caviler is trying to opt down.

Lardsin must go!

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Caviler is trying to opt down.
    Sandbagging is a key North Dakota quality
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Sandbagging is a key Cavalier, ND quality
    FIFY………

10char
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think the enrollment at both schools will fall below the AAA/AA cutoff. My concern is the arrogance of the athletic program will want them to opt up.
    As Shanley has shown it is not the number of students in the school but the willingness to build a program and succeed at the highest level.

This fall with a senior class of 80 students and junior class slightly smaller, soccer won boys the state championship, and the football team had one of the best teams in state history (Cudo's to Minot for playing a great game in the championship. That was a prime example of leadership and composure and playing a flawless second half).

9th through 12th grade Shanley had 60 kids out for football. But maybe 20-22 played any given game. It was a commitment by school administration, coaches, parents and most importantly the kids to play at the top level. Not just to compete but to win at that level.

5 years ago in Shanley's last year of 2a, 3 kids hit the 800 pound level in the weight room. The past year, 28 exceeded this goal. 7-9 kids will have college sports opportunity from the JUCO to Division 2 level. 5 years the championship team 3 kids were recruit Playing top level provides additional opportunities.

And no shanley does not recruit. The core senior group has been together since first grade. One addition was added in 9th grade as his hometown did not have a catholic high school.

It takes time and effort to succeed. And that is what is missing in the conversation, versus "let's just move down so we can win".
    Last edited by kab1one; 11-16-2023 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    As Shanley has shown it is not the number of students in the school but the willingness to build a program and succeed at the highest level.

This fall with a senior class of 80 students and junior class slightly smaller, soccer won boys the state championship, and the football team had one of the best teams in state history (Cudo's to Minot for playing a great game in the championship. That was a prime example of leadership and composure and playing a flawless second half).

9th through 12th grade Shanley had 60 kids out for football. But maybe 20-22 played any given game. It was a commitment by school administration, coaches, parents and most importantly the kids to play at the top level. Not just to compete but to win at that level.

5 years ago in Shanley's last year of 2a, 3 kids hit the 800 pound level in the weight room. The past year, 28 exceeded this goal. 7-9 kids will have college sports opportunity from the JUCO to Division 2 level. 5 years the championship team 3 kids were recruit Playing top level provides additional opportunities.

And no shanley does not recruit. The core senior group has been together since first grade. One addition was added in 9th grade as his hometown did not have a catholic high school.

It takes time and effort to succeed. And that is what is missing in the conversation, versus "let's just move down so we can win".
    Agree with everything in that post.

Everything but the claim they don't recruit. If you or any of your friends have kids in sports you know they recruit.