Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Bowl XXXI (2023)

Default Re: Dakota Bowl XXXI (2023)

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    At the time 1996 my graduating class was the biggest ever at FS... That lasted 1 year.
    Yep mine was the biggest prior to yours.

Sucked losing in the Dakota Bowl, good to see Minot finally take down Mattern ……. What a way to win coming back against the best team all year.

Minot North high school is scheduled to open next fall. This will split the pool of athletes in the future up there.

533 In a row

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Minot North high school is scheduled to open next fall. This will split the pool of athletes in the future up there.
    The sophomore class was already at North this year. Minot High will be good in AAA next year, but after that I’m hoping both North and High will be in AA. The enrollment numbers will be right on the border.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Whenever a town has one high school, there is pride in it. Then the high school gets overcrowded and there is a split. This happened at Grand Forks many decades ago (Central, Red River). Then West Fargo went from one high school to 2. Now Minot. Moorhead probably could support 2 high schools enrollment-wise but they kept it to one. I heard some felt it would keep the pride in the high school and town.

I think Fargo is ready for another high school, its fifth including the alternative school which used to be Woodrow Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I was at Fargo South High when it opened in 1967 and graduated several years later. I can't remember the exact number in my graduating class, but maybe 380 kids. There is another poster further down below my post who said that his Fargo South grad class was 450 which is a LOT.
    My brother graduated in 1980 and his class was probably bigger than mine in 1986. There have been lots of additions to South High since my time and I'm sure they were all needed before Davies was built and I wonder how empty the school feels now. I've only been in the gymnasium and new commons area since 1992 when I was a substitute teacher a few times.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Civil06 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most private schools are also growing very rapidly.
    "Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; soccer is a gentleman's game played by beasts; football is a beastly game played by beasts."
    - Henry Blaha

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    The sophomore class was already at North this year. Minot High will be good in AAA next year, but after that I’m hoping both North and High will be in AA. The enrollment numbers will be right on the border.
    IMO Minot should stay AAA. Everyone 9-12 is grandfathered, correct? They'll be fine. Give North some time to build, I would agree. Gonna be interesting to follow in Minot. For awhile there it didn't seem like Legacy starting had much of an affect on Bismarck football. CHS won some ships, etc. Last year BHS goes winless...this year LHS goes winless and CHS struggles. Should be way past those growing pains but it also seems like more and more kids are stepping away from football for whatever reason.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    My brother graduated in 1980 and his class was probably bigger than mine in 1986. There have been lots of additions to South High since my time and I'm sure they were all needed before Davies was built and I wonder how empty the school feels now. I've only been in the gymnasium and new commons area since 1992 when I was a substitute teacher a few times.
    When I started FSH, it was 1967 and the building was not yet completed. We could hear crickets (literally) because we were on the edge of Fargo near empty fields. No phy.ed for the first year as the gym was not yet completed. I have not been back since graduation 53 years ago, and these days you can't just pop into a school due to security. I am sure I would not recognize the interior. Even the exterior looks vastly different.

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    IMO Minot should stay AAA. Everyone 9-12 is grandfathered, correct? They'll be fine. Give North some time to build, I would agree. Gonna be interesting to follow in Minot. For awhile there it didn't seem like Legacy starting had much of an affect on Bismarck football. CHS won some ships, etc. Last year BHS goes winless...this year LHS goes winless and CHS struggles. Should be way past those growing pains but it also seems like more and more kids are stepping away from football for whatever reason.
    For the 23-24 academic year freshmen and sophomores are at Minot North. Both High and North will be incredibly bad at football starting in the fall of ‘25. I’m afraid it will kill the football programs at both schools if they stay in AAA. They would at least have a chance to be .500 in AA. Both schools’ enrollment should be under the cutoff.