Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 Summit League BB Scores

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2023-2024 Summit League BB Scores

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    This is an interesting take. A couple of case studies to consider: Oakland and Oral Roberts. Oakland left for presumably greener pastures (and probably a footprint that made more sense). They haven't found nearly as much success and I don't think their on court product has improved. I wonder if their attendance and financial performance has. Oral Roberts left for similar reasons and returned when they couldn't compete and stroll into post season tournaments. I agree with the post...we probably need to demonstrate that we can win consistently in the SLC before MBB becomes anything other than an afterthought in realignment discussions. At the end of the day, moving to the MAC (please no) or MWC or AAC, we are still a Mid-Major program. Develop a winner and resources/fan support/national attention will follow. Problem is, we're already well behind SDSU in this regard.
    I don’t think we’re well behind SDSU currently. My concern is that their trajectory is up and ours seems to be downward. Not good for the future if not corrected. Our Ath. Dept. needs a plan that they can sell to alumni, Fargo and the region.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I don’t think we’re well behind SDSU currently. My concern is that their trajectory is up and ours seems to be downward. Not good for the future if not corrected. Our Ath. Dept. needs a plan that they can sell to alumni, Fargo and the region.
    1000% agree on Athletic Department plan.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    1000% agree on Athletic Department plan.
    You need to move back to Fargo and be employed with the Athletic Department at a high level. Knowing what you do and how you go about doing it, it would be a win for NDSU.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

So far this season, the Summit looks to be complete garbage.

Combined record of conference teams is 14-13. Problem is 8 of those 14 wins have been against non-D1 opponents like Dakota Wesleyan, Doane, Mount Marty, Mid-America Christian (by 5 points), North Central, Avila, and St Mary (not the good St Mary's).

I know it's early, but it's definitely not looking good so far.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    So far this season, the Summit looks to be complete garbage.

Combined record of conference teams is 14-13. Problem is 8 of those 14 wins have been against non-D1 opponents like Dakota Wesleyan, Doane, Mount Marty, Mid-America Christian (by 5 points), North Central, Avila, and St Mary (not the good St Mary's).

I know it's early, but it's definitely not looking good so far.
    LOL so bad, most years I can stomach the summit and see 2-3 LEGIT STARS in the league.

There is NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO Stars in this league

Summit is the 24th ranked league in RPI right now
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Oh my

Omaha loses to Lindenwood??? Today

Denver loses to So Alabama

Summit gonna Summit

After weekend games, Summit teams have a combined record of 19-23. Nine of those wins are against non-D1 opponents.

Even Chapo with a calculator can do the math on that. 10-23 against D1 opponents so far.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

ORU & SDSU both 0-3 on the year
    Ouch

After 3 straight losses, Jackrabbits back in win column with 65-54 final against Southern Mississippi. Now 2-4. Losses were to Kansas State and Central Florida and George Mason.
    Up next are home games - against Mount Marty - followed by Towson (SF) and Kent State

Easiest bet in history

UMKC was -6 vs 0-5 SEMO (D1 record)

UMKC won by 30!