Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
This is an interesting take. A couple of case studies to consider: Oakland and Oral Roberts. Oakland left for presumably greener pastures (and probably a footprint that made more sense). They haven't found nearly as much success and I don't think their on court product has improved. I wonder if their attendance and financial performance has. Oral Roberts left for similar reasons and returned when they couldn't compete and stroll into post season tournaments. I agree with the post...we probably need to demonstrate that we can win consistently in the SLC before MBB becomes anything other than an afterthought in realignment discussions. At the end of the day, moving to the MAC (please no) or MWC or AAC, we are still a Mid-Major program. Develop a winner and resources/fan support/national attention will follow. Problem is, we're already well behind SDSU in this regard.
I don’t think we’re well behind SDSU currently. My concern is that their trajectory is up and ours seems to be downward. Not good for the future if not corrected. Our Ath. Dept. needs a plan that they can sell to alumni, Fargo and the region.