Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick the next coach.

Default Re: Pick the next coach.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Youth movement. Jimmy Rogers is 34 and both his coordinators are under 30. Older isnt always better

Even Scott Fuchs makes 435k
    Jimmy's history with the Rabbits looks very similar to Grant Olson's, except he was promoted from Linebackers coach to Defensive Coordinator, before becoming head coach. I think we have currently soured on former players because of Roehl, but maybe Grant Olson, anyone?

Just maybe skip directing special teams...

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just find the best damn FCS coach out there (Vigen?) and make them an offer they can't refuse.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, my point was that I thought that with losing almost all the leading tacklers from what I considered a weak defense, it's quite a tall order to expect a new DC turn that around in less than a season.

Funny enough, it's the offensive side of the ball that took the biggest hit and guys did step up. There are, what, 8 NFL guys gone from the offense since 2020 and multiple transfer portal departures? Guys stepped up on that side of the ball - but the difference is that, even though I didn't want to complain about it and was hoping I was wrong, our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has been subpar for years - and you can hardly blame that on a guy who wasn't doing the recruiting - he was doing the recruiting for a team that held SDSU and USD to a combined 31 points this year.
    Fair points. Reality is he hitched his wagon to a staff that is floundering and his timeline to make corrections is going to be very short.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    George Washington once said that very few men had the honor to withstand the highest bidder.
    Yeah I heard he chopped down that cherry tree and could throw a ball over them mountains too.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, my point was that I thought that with losing almost all the leading tacklers from what I considered a weak defense, it's quite a tall order to expect a new DC turn that around in less than a season.

Funny enough, it's the offensive side of the ball that took the biggest hit and guys did step up. There are, what, 8 NFL guys gone from the offense since 2020 and multiple transfer portal departures? Guys stepped up on that side of the ball - but the difference is that, even though I didn't want to complain about it and was hoping I was wrong, our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has been subpar for years - and you can hardly blame that on a guy who wasn't doing the recruiting - he was doing the recruiting for a team that held SDSU and USD to a combined 31 points this year.
    …and Roehl’s been OC since 2019. No excuse.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

1 The defense sucks
    2 Special teams sucks
    3 Offense has gotten away from Bison football
    4 Recruiting down/no studs anywhere
    5 Refuses to work on 2 min drill/late clock situations. Entz has had several opportunities to work on this in game last few years but refuses. Then gets butthurt when a reporter asks about it
    6 0-3 vs Dakota schools this season
    7 Dont see the in-game adjustments anymore
    8 Dont see the offensive line wearing teams down anymore
    9 We could have a lot of guys back for the extra year. We'll see how he handles it, but Im sure he'll fuck it up.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Fair points. Reality is he hitched his wagon to a staff that is floundering and his timeline to make corrections is going to be very short.
    We can only hope.

If no changes this offseason, we're hosed next year too.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    We can only hope.

If no changes this offseason, we're hosed next year too.
    That’s my question to those advocating for a more measured approach? What’s the line where it’s no longer acceptable? This season has already crossed my line but for others is it another year like this year? Does it have to completely bottom out at below .500 and no playoffs? Given the track record the AD has already shown, I fear consistent 7-4 seasons keeps Entz here. I think it’s why so many are pushing so hard for changes because becoming UND or USD does not sound appealing at all.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Jimmy's history with the Rabbits looks very similar to Grant Olson's, except he was promoted from Linebackers coach to Defensive Coordinator, before becoming head coach. I think we have currently soured on former players because of Roehl, but maybe Grant Olson, anyone?

Just maybe skip directing special teams...
    From what a parent has told me....not a good idea, as far as DC.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Am I the only one who wants:

Heffray for OC. (Expert points shaver)
    Scottie as DC (he will keep Tastad committed and run the north prairie system)

Head coach? Clearly Kevin.....
    I don't know man, Heffray's w/l record as the official game day thread guy hasn't exactly been stellar.