Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick the next coach.

Default Re: Pick the next coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Dave Richman is on ML’s short list.
    culture and not having any set plays. Brilliant!! can't wait to see him lose to #308 ranked team and dead last MAC team Western Michigan Monday
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I think Eck's name will be mentioned for some FBS coach or coordinator jobs soon.
    that fat fuck is gonna have a heart attack. u see him last week on tv? him and Zach borg the south dakota shrimp each weigh about 300lbs
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I was led to believe that NDSU was built on the next man up mentality. This sounds like the complete opposite of that.
    Well, my point was that I thought that with losing almost all the leading tacklers from what I considered a weak defense, it's quite a tall order to expect a new DC turn that around in less than a season.

Funny enough, it's the offensive side of the ball that took the biggest hit and guys did step up. There are, what, 8 NFL guys gone from the offense since 2020 and multiple transfer portal departures? Guys stepped up on that side of the ball - but the difference is that, even though I didn't want to complain about it and was hoping I was wrong, our recruiting on the defensive side of the ball has been subpar for years - and you can hardly blame that on a guy who wasn't doing the recruiting - he was doing the recruiting for a team that held SDSU and USD to a combined 31 points this year.

1) steig
    2) pileni
    3) gus
    4) basically anybody who understands ndsu football better than Entz
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Would Gus do it?

Someone please say yes.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    The biggest problem is the team has around 25 seniors playing this year. What happens if they all leave?? The recruiting has been terrible and there is nothing left after this year. Unless they go total Deon and add 30 transfers next season will be much worse. That's entirely on the head coach.
    Next year SDSU is losing 10 - 6th year starters. We have a bunch but were not going to lose them all. I'm more worried about losing young studs behind them than a player like Sam Jung, Julian Wlodarczyk or Jake Kava. They are preventing guys like Darius Givance, Crumby, Toby Anene, Kelton McCaslin, and Jaiden Pickett from developing and seeing the field. Entz doesnt have the balls like Bohl did to make changes and insert young players in the lineup

We have a ton of seniors but not all are impact players.

I would want all 5 o-lineman, Joe Stoffel, RaJa Nelson and TK. Cam of course

On defense I would pick Cole Wisniewski, Dylan Hendricks, Will & Eli, and Javier Derritt.

The rest are depth players and not impact

I may have missed a few

And maybe we need to dip into the portal? Guys like Brayden Thomas started making an impact late in his 1st year and was a stud senior

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Would Gus do it?

Someone please say yes.
    NFL Defensive Coordinators make $1-2 Million / Year. Matt Entz makes $369k. I think that's your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    NFL Defensive Coordinators make $1-2 Million / Year. Matt Entz makes $369k. I think that's your answer.
    George Washington once said that very few men had the honor to withstand the highest bidder.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Seems like FBS Coordinator salaries, including G5 salaries, have increased more than FCS head coaching salaries. I think this would hamper our ability to draw candidates we would have previously looked at.

Tim Polasek makes $350k at Wyoming - almost identical to Entz
    Jamar Cain $800k
    Scottie Hazelton, my dream coach, over $1mil at Michigan State.

Entz - $369k (from what I've read)

Makes me think we would realistically need to pull from within FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    Seems like FBS Coordinator salaries, including G5 salaries, have increased more than FCS head coaching salaries. I think this would hamper our ability to draw candidates we would have previously looked at.

Tim Polasek makes $350k at Wyoming - almost identical to Entz
    Jamar Cain $800k
    Scottie Hazelton, my dream coach, over $1mil at Michigan State.

Entz - $369k (from what I've read)

Makes me think we would realistically need to pull from within FCS.
    Youth movement. Jimmy Rogers is 34 and both his coordinators are under 30. Older isnt always better

Even Scott Fuchs makes 435k

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com