Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

We need Peter Doocy at the next press conference.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I think what Phil was referring to was that personal foul penalty where Eli was slammed out of bounds and could have gone agains them but instead we got one. Although I was cleaning lots of snow geese so maybe I heard him wrong during that part. I agree we need to be disciplined.

I will say this anybody that watched the 80’s teams (CAs please don’t take this wrong) but the 80’s I remember celebrated all the time and had personal foul penalties. Go back and watch some tape. They played with an edge though. I loved the 80s teams celebrating but I was also younger and we won. It gets old seeing celebrations or stupid personal fouls the older we get and the less we win.
    Why do we always have to point that we got a first down? Dont the refs and crowd know that?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    On that play the SDSU tackler was flagged for a personal foul - necessary roughness and then Eli was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct when he retaliated. The penalties offset. The tackler was not flagged for all the jawing and head nodding he did as he backed away from NDSU sideline.
    I think it was Raga on that play. Not that it matters. We had 15 yards and screwed it up by retaliating. In all fairness, I thought it was a poor call to flag Raga for trying to fight to get up after being body slammed.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I think it was Raga on that play. Not that it matters. We had 15 yards and screwed it up by retaliating. In all fairness, I thought it was a poor call to flag Raga for trying to fight to get up after being body slammed.
    He was penalized for throwing the ball at the defender when he got up. Somewhat understandable given how he was tackled but you're going to get a penalty everytime you do that. That's an automatic one.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    He was penalized for throwing the ball at the defender when he got up. Somewhat understandable given how he was tackled but you're going to get a penalty everytime you do that. That's an automatic one.
    Ok, I didn't see him toss the ball. Agree, they'll throw the flag on that every time.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    If I understood Phil right the sideline got another penalty today. Way to keep that streak going boys!
    You misunderstood. They did not.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Did you really think we'd be in the NC every year? Piss and moan all you want but every team has it's up's and down's. No team in the country will ever duplicate what the Bison have done in the last 12 years. We'll be back and the year isn't over yet.
    We have been spoiled recently and most teams would be excited to have a chance at just making the playoffs. Is Nick Saban a bad coach because Alabama only has 1 championship in the last 5 years?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    We have been spoiled recently and most teams would be excited to have a chance at just making the playoffs. Is Nick Saban a bad coach because Alabama only has 1 championship in the last 5 years?
    Does nick Saban practice the 2 minute drill and/ or understand how to run it eh

Lardsin must go!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post

Hope we aren't lowering the bar to that level. This isn't fbs, and the competition is not nearly the same.

A "chance" at the playoffs would be a massive dropoff.
    It's been 14 years since we missed the playoffs, and that was with a 16 team bracket.

If we miss the playoffs, heads should roll. Immediately.

Yep, any team with a pulse makes the FCS playoffs.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.