Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    So, what's the answer? Continue to hope and pray entz gets shit figured out? Or just accept mediocrity?

Every day that goes by we just watch the program sink further.
    Did you really think we'd be in the NC every year? Piss and moan all you want but every team has it's up's and down's. No team in the country will ever duplicate what the Bison have done in the last 12 years. We'll be back and the year isn't over yet.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Did you really think we'd be in the NC every year? Piss and moan all you want but every team has it's up's and down's. No team in the country will ever duplicate what the Bison have done in the last 12 years. We'll be back and the year isn't over yet.
    Do you really think Entz is doing a good job? I can handle not winning every year. I can't handle the way its happening. Do you or chaos listen to Phil Hanson? I suppose he just says the things he says to get listeners and doesn't actually think what he says.

Lardsin must go!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I could handle losses under Bohl and Klieman, but almost every loss under Entz has been a game of embarrassment. I cannot handle a team that is executing like crap with zero discipline. Our team is much better than we are playing, and that is a big problem that starts with coaching.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I could handle losses under Bohl and Klieman, but almost every loss under Entz has been a game of embarrassment. I cannot handle a team that is executing like crap with zero discipline. Our team is much better than we are playing, and that is a big problem that starts with coaching.
    There has Been some unbelievably bad losses under Entz. I think I would accept a down year if we had young players cause we graduated everyone and they were making mistakes. Reality is we don’t and our identity and what this program stood for has changed. The buyout means nothing cause I believe we will lose way more in revenue under Entz. If Larson doesn’t do a complete 360 evaluation of Entz and the program then he also deserves to be let go. I have seen lots of organizations not really evaluate the top dog and it always turns out negative.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

The two minute drill which wasn’t a two minute as has been mentioned showed a complete lack of wanting to win. We have an old QB let him sling it as it isn’t his second game. Go down firing at least we were down 11. This is like point number 10 on why Entz is reminding me of the end of the Babich years. Babich had some decent teams but eventually the wheels completely fell off with good assistant coaches and some decent players, but sometime they are not head coaches. I don’t believe Entz has it in him.
    If it flies it dies.

Was there another sideline penalty????

Come on I was watching playoff football but caught Phil going off on it post game eh

Media needs to ask what's up with all the sideline penalties this year.

Also need to ask if they practice the 2 minute drill? Would be a stupid question if not for the fact that Entz said they don't practice the 2 minute drill a few years ago. Which in its self is stupid. Maybe somebody should point out that not only the players need to learn what to do in that situation but also the coaches need practice learning what to do in that situation.

Think the biggest turn off for me with Entz is his stupid excuses and lack of making any freaking changes. We dumb fans just dumb fans eh.

Lardsin must go!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    The two minute drill which wasn’t a two minute as has been mentioned showed a complete lack of wanting to win. We have an old QB let him sling it as it isn’t his second game. Go down firing at least we were down 11. This is like point number 10 on why Entz is reminding me of the end of the Babich years. Babich had some decent teams but eventually the wheels completely fell off with good assistant coaches and some decent players, but sometime they are not head coaches. I don’t believe Entz has it in him.
    Couldn’t agree more. What should give fans, boosters, sponsors, recruits optimism? I’ve hired and fired enough people in my career to know that you typically know fairly quickly whether or not it’s gonna work.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Was there another sideline penalty????

Come on I was watching playoff football but caught Phil going off on it post game eh

Media needs to ask what's up with all the sideline penalties this year.

Also need to ask if they practice the 2 minute drill? Would be a stupid question if not for the fact that Entz said they don't practice the 2 minute drill a few years ago. Which in its self is stupid. Maybe somebody should point out that not only the players need to learn what to do in that situation but also the coaches need practice learning what to do in that situation.

Think the biggest turn off for me with Entz is his stupid excuses and lack of making any freaking changes. We dumb fans just dumb fans eh.
    I think what Phil was referring to was that personal foul penalty where Eli was slammed out of bounds and could have gone agains them but instead we got one. Although I was cleaning lots of snow geese so maybe I heard him wrong during that part. I agree we need to be disciplined.

I will say this anybody that watched the 80’s teams (CAs please don’t take this wrong) but the 80’s I remember celebrated all the time and had personal foul penalties. Go back and watch some tape. They played with an edge though. I loved the 80s teams celebrating but I was also younger and we won. It gets old seeing celebrations or stupid personal fouls the older we get and the less we win.
    If it flies it dies.

Go to Shania and forget about it eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I think what Phil was referring to was that personal foul penalty where Eli was slammed out of bounds and could have gone agains them but instead we got one. Although I was cleaning lots of snow geese so maybe I heard him wrong during that part. I agree we need to be disciplined.

I will say this anybody that watched the 80’s teams (CAs please don’t take this wrong) but the 80’s I remember celebrated all the time and had personal foul penalties. Go back and watch some tape. They played with an edge though. I loved the 80s teams celebrating but I was also younger and we won. It gets old seeing celebrations or stupid personal fouls the older we get and the less we win.
    On that play the SDSU tackler was flagged for a personal foul - necessary roughness and then Eli was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct when he retaliated. The penalties offset. The tackler was not flagged for all the jawing and head nodding he did as he backed away from NDSU sideline.
    Don't believe everything you think.