Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The real real bad part? I’m starting to care less and less each week.

That says a lot from someone who has been a die hard fan for almost 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am same way....saw Cam as starting qb this yr, saw 21 of 22 sr starters, saw horseshit home schedule...
    .and i wasnt excited for year AND THANNN now see off is primary 11 personnel in pistol formation andddd our qb runs the ball most

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I have to lol at those of you losing your shit right now clamoring for coach/AD firings. This was among the least surprising outcomes of the season. Cam was average and they were -3 turnovers - you could spin that as being impressive they only lost by 17. Just like we all knew coming into this week this isn't a national title contending team and those of you who didn't know are going to find out soon that we aren't entitled to a national title contending team every year.

Entz and staff have turned this program from a juggernaut into an above average FCS team and that's something he's going to have to fix in a hurry or he'll be updating his resume soon enough. These things happen and it was overdue to happen here. Complacency set in with the fan base 6 years ago so it was bound to set in for the players and coaches sooner or later. We were spoiled as shit as fans for many years in terms of our return on investment and, sooner or later, the piper has to be paid.

Nothing I saw today makes me believe they're incapable of winning their last two and going into the playoffs potentially seeded or at least a team that can do some damage with the right draw. I'm getting the feeling some of you are rooting for them to lose so you can hammer on Entz/Larsen and I hope you'll be disappointed but if not have at it - those guys have (and will have) earned the criticism. I'm going to peace out on Bisonville for a while as the pitchforks are lit.
    Well, I don't know. But we needed a Babich before we got a Bohl.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

ok I'm getting drunker now & losing more money at dak mag..

Mr Kava is here. we said. hey...

blocked FG extra point blocked punt

cam 2 interceptions

t Mac 1 fumble.

Raja can't score on punt return

coaches can't figure out a 2 minute drill.b4 half

we couldn't get a fucki.n beer at the stadium

all that happened & we lost by 2 tds.

eliminate those mistakes and we win 28-17 next time we play them in quarterfinals in Brookings in 6 inches of snow
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If I understood Phil right the sideline got another penalty today. Way to keep that streak going boys!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Another great post. Chaos. Nobody wants the Bison to lose. People are just sick of what they are seeing under Entz and company. Holding Entz to the highest standard is what everyone should agree on. We have every advantage at this level and to watch this program slide makes me sick to my stomach.

Just an example of complete ineptitude from this staff. Down three scores and we are take 30 plus seconds to run a play multiple times!Then on top of it we run it up the middle or throw a check down We acted like we up three scores. It’s mind numbing watching this against good competition. Happens everytime we have ever trailed with Entz and Roehl.

slide - good observation.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I am same way....saw Cam as starting qb this yr, saw 21 of 22 sr starters, saw horseshit home schedule...
    .and i wasnt excited for year AND THANNN now see off is primary 11 personnel in pistol formation andddd our qb runs the ball most
    Just a point of clarification we don’t run any plays out of the pistol. I would be way more happy if we did. In fact go watch the UND tape every time we lined up in the pistol formation we then looked to the sideline and changed the play. Literally 100% of the time. I think we would actually run the ball way better out of the pistol/I formation set which is more similar to our old offense which was so terrible we had to change it after losing two titles in 11 years.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The real real bad part? I’m starting to care less and less each week.

That says a lot from someone who has been a die hard fan for almost 40 years.

Have only been to one game all year and that was in Minneapolis... theres a lot of truth in this post...crazy where we are right now. Point blank we are mediocre and poorly coached.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Chaos I frequently respect your level headed takes but what you label as entitlement, I label as passion. You in the same post claim the fans are complacent but then say they’re overzealous for wanting championship contending teams. If the current state is apathy and complacency, I can’t wait to see ML handle football like he has the basketball program. The results will be very similar and that shiny new $50 million facility will do nothing but add another line to the athletic departments operating budget. This fanbase, even the bandwagon ones, know what good football looks like and this isn’t even close. If nothing changes between now and next season, that is negligence, ignorance or both.
    "Demanding the best" and "spoiled as fuck" is to-may-to/to-mah-to. We all want this program to succeed but when the desire to be right outweighs the desire to see the program succeed I question why you're here in the first place (not directed at you BigLake but the towards the general tenor I've seen on this board lately).

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Demanding the best" and "spoiled as fuck" is to-may-to/to-mah-to. We all want this program to succeed but when the desire to be right outweighs the desire to see the program succeed I question why you're here in the first place (not directed at you BigLake but the towards the general tenor I've seen on this board lately).
    So, what's the answer? Continue to hope and pray entz gets shit figured out? Or just accept mediocrity?

Every day that goes by we just watch the program sink further.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You’re right, we are spoiled as fuck. This program has had unprecedented success. But I’ll also argue that didn’t happen by accident and the fans know it. Yes it takes a fair amount of breaks to win 9 out of 11 championships but it also takes a very high level of performance. Obviously this ain’t it. Trying to convince me that we are just a few tweaks away is insulting. As much as I don’t like it, Matt Entz is going to get a chance to prove his detractors wrong. He needs to stop talking about it and do it. And if ML believes that this fanbase will accept anything more than one more year to get it done, he needs to go at the same time.

Maybe you’re comment about wanting to be right should be directed at Entz and his staff.