Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Couldn’t have said it better. Sad thing is there have been a few of us that have seen all of these things since Entz took over. This has been a slow slide to mediocrity.

Real bad part is we are going to be way worse next year. Way worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The real real bad part? I’m starting to care less and less each week.

That says a lot from someone who has been a die hard fan for almost 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You sure about that? They have beat us five times in a row. I think they are in our heads actually.

Maybe but I think that’s more about what Entz has done to the culture than a deep jealousy of the other program. Which is coming, just give it another year or two and even us fans will wish we had all the things SDSU has.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Let me guess …. The big issue is Entz.

Already knew that bro.

The problem is with the people who accept decline as inevitable. Clearly, SDSU is very good. Clearly, NDSU is not as good. Systems run down over time! Someone above Matt and Dave Richman has decided "it's not fair " to be better than everyone else. Nothing is going to change until the entity controlling success decides it's time to make hard decisions. No doubt, the time is now unless you are content with mediocre, but "fair " teams.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Phil hanson.....the problem is the bison have problems with any team that is competitive

Ouch⁶
    Phil’s postgame report card

Offense D
    Defense D- D- since they have been worse so no F

Specials Teams -I’m not going to waste any time

I have to lol at those of you losing your shit right now clamoring for coach/AD firings. This was among the least surprising outcomes of the season. Cam was average and they were -3 turnovers - you could spin that as being impressive they only lost by 17. Just like we all knew coming into this week this isn't a national title contending team and those of you who didn't know are going to find out soon that we aren't entitled to a national title contending team every year.

Entz and staff have turned this program from a juggernaut into an above average FCS team and that's something he's going to have to fix in a hurry or he'll be updating his resume soon enough. These things happen and it was overdue to happen here. Complacency set in with the fan base 6 years ago so it was bound to set in for the players and coaches sooner or later. We were spoiled as shit as fans for many years in terms of our return on investment and, sooner or later, the piper has to be paid.

Nothing I saw today makes me believe they're incapable of winning their last two and going into the playoffs potentially seeded or at least a team that can do some damage with the right draw. I'm getting the feeling some of you are rooting for them to lose so you can hammer on Entz/Larsen and I hope you'll be disappointed but if not have at it - those guys have (and will have) earned the criticism. I'm going to peace out on Bisonville for a while as the pitchforks are lit.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-05-2023 at 12:19 AM.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Maybe just 21 yrs....was that the same year the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Yes, also the same year they filmed the moon landing in a movie studio

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Way too many red flags with Entz. Its not like SDSU and us are neck and neck. They are significantly better than us. They will still be better than us next year even when they lose a lot.

Well hell. The team put up enough fight to make me want to watch the last two games. I'm going to stop worrying about what seed in the playoffs. Just hope they make the playoffs. Hello 2010. Go Bison!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I have to lol at those of you losing your shit right now clamoring for coach/AD firings. This was among the least surprising outcomes of the season. Cam was average and they were -3 turnovers - you could spin that as being impressive they only lost by 17. Just like we all knew coming into this week this isn't a national title contending team and those of you who didn't know are going to find out soon that we aren't entitled to a national title contending team every year.

Entz and staff have turned this program from a juggernaut into an above average FCS team and that's something he's going to have to fix in a hurry or he'll be updating his resume soon enough. These things happen and it was overdue to happen here. Complacency set in with the fan base 6 years ago so it was bound to set in for the players and coaches sooner or later. We were spoiled as shit as fans for many years in terms of our return on investment and, sooner or later, the piper has to be paid.

Nothing I saw today makes me believe they're incapable of winning their last two and going into the playoffs potentially seeded or at least a team that can do some damage with the right draw. I'm getting the feeling some of you are rooting for them to lose so you can hammer on Entz/Larsen and I hope you'll be disappointed but if not have at it - those guys have (and will have) earned the criticism. I'm going to peace out on Bisonville for a while as the pitchforks are lit.
    Chaos I frequently respect your level headed takes but what you label as entitlement, I label as passion. You in the same post claim the fans are complacent but then say they’re overzealous for wanting championship contending teams. If the current state is apathy and complacency, I can’t wait to see ML handle football like he has the basketball program. The results will be very similar and that shiny new $50 million facility will do nothing but add another line to the athletic departments operating budget. This fanbase, even the bandwagon ones, know what good football looks like and this isn’t even close. If nothing changes between now and next season, that is negligence, ignorance or both.

SDSU plays Bison football! They're like watching a Klieman team. Maybe we need to poach one of their guys to lead us back.

When Klieman left people said..."Entz had been handed the keys to a finely tuned Ferrari, don't screw it up." ...and here we are.