Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Lost the Most Mojo?

Default Re: Who Has Lost the Most Mojo?

Handox and Tatanka for sure
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I don't think of the wabbits or undy as a real rival. I'm with you.
    I’m not with you. I think of them both as rivals, especially SDSU. But that’s just me.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Little of both but it mostly boils down to the fact the FCS is eroding and we rarely get FBS games. There was over 20k in Arizona. Until we move up, those games will be rare

Fans pay huge money for tickets and most games are over at half time. There only a few regular season games fans get truly excited for. Then you got the semis in the playoffs. This team, if they make the playoffs, will be on the road. But teams like Georgia Southern and James Madison have been replaced by something called Incarnate Word. Fans arent interested in the Word

The team simply doesnt have stars and great personalities, who help sell tickets. Then the stars leave early for the draft or transfer. Team isnt tough or physical. Where is Travis Beck flying through the air vs K-State who then dislocates his shoulder and tries to make a tackle with 1 arm. Then he pops it back into place. No Austin Kuhnert popping a dislocated elbow back into place so he doesnt miss a play. How about Grant Olson playing with Appendicitis? Or DeLuca playing injured for 4 games to preserve a year of eligibility. Or Jirek playing well with 2 bad shoulders that required surgery after the year. Or Wentz playiny a full game with a broken throwing hand. We dont have those kind of players

Games are closer not because the competition is better. We are worse

Then on top of it, marketing and bad decisions, has slowly eroded the experience.

1) Ruining tailgating by eliminating all GA spots on the west side pushed out some fans

2) Things like Fan Day being reduced to a high school level production is a huge failure

3) We lost our stud video guy but now they dont do any hype videos or pre game stuff

4) the tickets have no cheap options. Even the top row KK in the corner seats are $50 when the dome is empty. SDSU still has $22 options

Them you got the donors who have made some incredible gifts, only to see the team go backwards

Move up
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-01-2023 at 01:23 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    I don't think of the wabbits or undy as a real rival. I'm with you.
    Reason being that SDSU was just an after thought when you were in school. They manufactured the rivalry when they invented the Dakota Marker. In time SDSU got better and are now one of the top games of the season. UND has been a rival long before I was in school. It doesnt have the edge it once had because of the hiatus and current students havent experienced it because of our dominance.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The fans that are jumping ship never had any mojo of their own to begin with, they were just borrowing it, and now they're on to something else.
    And that's OK. Going to Bison games isn't cheap. Now the people who were complaining about not being able to get season tickets can swoop in. That's the cycle of life.
    I have no doubt that the team and coaches are giving it their all.
    I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think many people are going to swoop in…
    I’m afraid the opposite is going to happen. Too many people are trying to sell their season tickets week after week.
    They can easily buy them at the window next year. Unfortunately, I’ve heard of season ticket holders who gave up their seats on the 40 yard line… (to save $) only to purchase single game tickets & go sit on the 40, because they are available.
    I’m more than concerned. When you can’t give tickets away… you have problems that needed to be addressed 1.5 years ago. It’s not an anomaly!
    My suggestion - email letters folks. I did. Include Teammakers.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think many people are going to swoop in…
    I’m afraid the opposite is going to happen. Too many people are trying to sell their season tickets week after week.
    They can easily buy them at the window next year. Unfortunately, I’ve heard of season ticket holders who gave up their seats on the 40 yard line… (to save $) only to purchase single game tickets & go sit on the 40, because they are available.
    I’m more than concerned. When you can’t give tickets away… you have problems that needed to be addressed 1.5 years ago. It’s not an anomaly!
    My suggestion - email letters folks. I did. Include Teammakers.
    I am still working on my snail mail to Athletic Director with copies to Teammakers and Fan Engagement. I am glad I held off on sending it right away because I am reading of more insights on Bisonville to include. I am guessing my correspondence will not make much difference in what transpires but I am seeing a program spiraling downward and once it hits bottom, it is hard to bring it back up especially since a few other programs are smart enough to try innovative ideas rather than being stuck in their own bubble and not wanting to adjust to changing circumstances. We cannot continue to run on "fumes" or rest on our laurels from the 9 championships. Look where we are from that! I wonder if NDSU knows that there are $22 options available from SDSU. I think NDSU has to decide - would offering lower-cost options to engage new people or those who cannot afford them bring in more money than EMPTY seats?

Every time I go past the Football Sports Complex as well as SHAC, I think of what wonderful facilities we have and how sad some of our programs have become. Just stunning facilities.

I know others have pointed this out but it seems efforts from Sports Administration are retracting rather than expanding in response to empty seats and lesser fan enthusiasm and the exact opposite should be happening. COMMON SENSE is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I am still working on my snail mail to Athletic Director with copies to Teammakers and Fan Engagement. I am glad I held off on sending it right away because I am reading of more insights on Bisonville to include. I am guessing my correspondence will not make much difference in what transpires but I am seeing a program spiraling downward and once it hits bottom, it is hard to bring it back up especially since a few other programs are smart enough to try innovative ideas rather than being stuck in their own bubble and not wanting to adjust to changing circumstances. We cannot continue to run on "fumes" or rest on our laurels from the 9 championships. Look where we are from that! I wonder if NDSU knows that there are $22 options available from SDSU. I think NDSU has to decide - would offering lower-cost options to engage new people or those who cannot afford them bring in more money than EMPTY seats?

Every time I go past the Football Sports Complex as well as SHAC, I think of what wonderful facilities we have and how sad some of our programs have become. Just stunning facilities.

I know others have pointed this out but it seems efforts from Sports Administration are retracting rather than expanding in response to empty seats and lesser fan enthusiasm and the exact opposite should be happening. COMMON SENSE is lacking.
    The entire sports administration needs to be gutted. They are in over their heads. They inherited a program that sold out an entire season in advance and ran it into the ground. Outside of track and field, most olympic sports are mediocre. More to the job than fundraising to pad your resume. Some of these clowns couldnt manage a Dairy Queen

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Little of both but it mostly boils down to the fact the FCS is eroding and we rarely get FBS games. There was over 20k in Arizona. Until we move up, those games will be rare
    Fans pay huge money for tickets and most games are over at half time. There only a few regular season games fans get truly excited for. Then you got the semis in the playoffs. This team, if they make the playoffs, will be on the road. But teams like Georgia Southern and James Madison have been replaced by something called Incarnate Word. Fans arent interested in the Word
    The team simply doesnt have stars and great personalities, who help sell tickets. Then the stars leave early for the draft or transfer. Team isnt tough or physical. Where is Travis Beck flying through the air vs K-State who then dislocates his shoulder and tries to make a tackle with 1 arm. Then he pops it back into place. No Austin Kuhnert popping a dislocated elbow back into place so he doesnt miss a play. How about Grant Olson playing with Appendicitis? Or DeLuca playing injured for 4 games to preserve a year of eligibility. Or Jirek playing well with 2 bad shoulders that required surgery after the year. Or Wentz playiny a full game with a broken throwing hand. We dont have those kind of players
    Then on top of it, marketing and bad decisions, has slowly eroded the experience.
    1) Ruining tailgating by eliminating all GA spots on the west side pushed out some fans
    2) Things like Fan Day being reduced to a high school level production is a huge failure
    3) We lost our stud video guy but now they dont do any hype videos or pre game stuff
    4) the tickets have no cheap options. Even the top row KK in the corner seats are $50 when the dome is empty. SDSU still has $22 options
    Them you got the donors who have made some incredible gifts, only to see the team go backwards
    Move up
    I agree with everything. Imo, we also have a football leadership issue. Good players will stay, if they have a good leadership and loyalty.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Move up
    And in your list of previous Bison players who toughed it out despite physical adversity - I seem to recall Brock Jensen having the flu during one of the playoff games, hardly slept the night before and during halftime, they gave him something to hydrate him, and Brock came right out again and kept playing. As we all know, we are missing that toughness with the current roster and lacking the never-say-die mentality BIG TIME. The coaches themselves need to model the behavior they want from the players.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Move up
    Gabe, I typically eye roll when I read your posts... This one though is 100% spot on!!! I think this needs to be copied and sent to the Prez....
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]