Default Re: Who Has Lost the Most Mojo?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    MWILL had Clemson on him
    Crockett had Michigan State

Neither Qualified..

Wentz had CMU
    Lance had Gophers
    Stick had Big Ten offer and others.

I was talking more about STARS ON THE FIELD... like People wanted to come see them!
    You’re living revisionist history man. No one was more excited about those dudes coming out of high school than the top three gets each and every year.

No one knows how any recruit will work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still need to see NDSU CODE GREEN DEFENSE
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

MWILL had Clemson on him
    Crockett had Michigan State

Neither Qualified..

Wentz had CMU
    Lance had Gophers
    Stick had Big Ten offer and others.

I was talking more about STARS ON THE FIELD... like People wanted to come see them!
    Weertz was offered by Kansas State so what

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Stick was a pretty big get. I don't know what the stars involved were but everyone knew we hit the jackpot there.

Everyone except the Cornhuskers apparently.
    I remember an interview with Stick when he first came to NDSU. He spoke about how impressed he was with the coaches who came to his house when he was looking for a school to attend, and met his family. Never underestimate the importance of a coach's personality and authenticity. If my memory serves me correctly, he had an offer from Rutgers as well.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I remember an interview with Stick when he first came to NDSU. He spoke about how impressed he was with the coaches who came to his house when he was looking for a school to attend, and met his family. Never underestimate the importance of a coach's personality and authenticity. If my memory serves me correctly, he had an offer from Rutgers as well.
    Now they smoke Marlboros on teh recruits deck eh

Lardsin must go!

cant wait to see how all these walk on's work out.. on the edge of my seat.

NDSU NEEDS STAR POWER PERIOD!

M Will, Crockett
    Wentz
    Stick
    Lance

We need the swag back
    Coach Erhardt at NDSU had walk-ons.
    Coach Bohl at NDSU had walk-ons.
    Coach Klieman at NDSU had walk-ons.

Coach Bohl at Wyoming has walk-ons.
    Coach Klieman at Kansas State has walk-ons.

You are on a lonely island with this D2 level post opposing NDSU having a Preferred Walk On Program.
    It’s like you enjoy spreading Bisonville Fatigue.
    It’s way past time you retired this same old same old wash rinse repeat thing you have made up…
    With D2 posts like this no way the Mountain West Conference takes the NDSU fan base seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Little of both but it mostly boils down to the fact the FCS is eroding and we rarely get FBS games. There was over 20k in Arizona. Until we move up, those games will be rare

Fans pay huge money for tickets and most games are over at half time. There only a few regular season games fans get truly excited for. Then you got the semis in the playoffs. This team, if they make the playoffs, will be on the road. But teams like Georgia Southern and James Madison have been replaced by something called Incarnate Word. Fans arent interested in the Word

The team simply doesnt have stars and great personalities, who help sell tickets. Then the stars leave early for the draft or transfer. Team isnt tough or physical. Where is Travis Beck flying through the air vs K-State who then dislocates his shoulder and tries to make a tackle with 1 arm. Then he pops it back into place. No Austin Kuhnert popping a dislocated elbow back into place so he doesnt miss a play. How about Grant Olson playing with Appendicitis? Or DeLuca playing injured for 4 games to preserve a year of eligibility. Or Jirek playing well with 2 bad shoulders that required surgery after the year. Or Wentz playiny a full game with a broken throwing hand. We dont have those kind of players

Games are closer not because the competition is better. We are worse

Then on top of it, marketing and bad decisions, has slowly eroded the experience.

1) Ruining tailgating by eliminating all GA spots on the west side pushed out some fans

2) Things like Fan Day being reduced to a high school level production is a huge failure

3) We lost our stud video guy but now they dont do any hype videos or pre game stuff

4) the tickets have no cheap options. Even the top row KK in the corner seats are $50 when the dome is empty. SDSU still has $22 options

Them you got the donors who have made some incredible gifts, only to see the team go backwards

Move up
    All of this ^^^
    We can still maintain “tradition” while advancing things to continue to promote the program and our athletics.
    It’s really starting to feel like we missed capitalizing on our momentum to move up and grow upon what was being built during the run. Our brand went nationwide, we see coaches seeing major success at the next level, we see competition seeing success at the next level, and now shitbags like SDSU are starting to surpass us cuz we waited.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    All of this ^^^
    We can still maintain “tradition” while advancing things to continue to promote the program and our athletics.
    It’s really starting to feel like we missed capitalizing on our momentum to move up and grow upon what was being built during the run. Our brand went nationwide, we see coaches seeing major success at the next level, we see competition seeing success at the next level, and now shitbags like SDSU are starting to surpass us cuz we waited.
    Waited 7 or 8 years too long. Once the Bison started to repeat as national champs it was time to move. Keep the others in the dust. Oh well. People were having too much fun in Frisco.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.