Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Lost the Most Mojo?

Default Re: Who Has Lost the Most Mojo?

TAB is teh only correct answer to this bro.

He can't even spell mojo.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The FargoDome folks said it was too expensive - and it's not a one-time expense. Plus the FargoDome is a heavy-duty enclosed building... so, like most of its problems, removing the corner supports would solve a lot of problems (and add some interesting new ones.)
    They don't see much return on the cost, unlike most large venues/buildings built or renovated in the last 5 years.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Since most are just hearing silence, interested in what they said.
    Was it a reasonable response, dismissive, or argumentative?
    What I wonder sometimes is do they have Ivory Tower mentality, and just not care about fan concerns.
    Or think 99% of people are happy, and all is well.
    On October 24 (two games ago) under Bison fatigue, I posted that I sent an email to Admin. My concerns included lack of student and fan enthusiasm/engagement, including the fact that I wasn’t able to give tickets away! That hasn’t happened since 2018. The reply included reasons for lack of attendance. Hunting season (that would be pheasant) strength of the opponent, and hopefully it was an anomaly. I disagreed. (I have found homes for Tickets since 2018.) I replied with a 2nd email. Let’s just say… you should send emails & they do read Bisonville.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    On October 24 (two games ago) under Bison fatigue, I posted that I sent an email to Admin. My concerns included lack of student and fan enthusiasm/engagement, including the fact that I wasn’t able to give tickets away! That hasn’t happened since 2018. The reply included reasons for lack of attendance. Hunting season (that would be pheasant) strength of the opponent, and hopefully it was an anomaly. I disagreed. (I have found homes for Tickets since 2018.) I replied with a 2nd email. Let’s just say… you should send emails & they do read Bisonville.
    Absolutely. No matter whether you are a six figure donor or not even a member of Teammakers. If you are a participant on this forum you are an engaged fan and as such one of the admins prime customers. Your voice is important and most likely wanted. Be respectful. Be polite. And as always if you are going to highlight problems please offer solution(s). Write to them.

@bisonfanette - if you continue to have issues donating tickets to vets/first responders I noted in an article regarding NU earlier today that they are maintaining sellouts by giving tix to underserved youth. I don't know if FM has a substantive enough population but that seems like a good use and could even provide a fertile recruiting ground in future years.
    Don't believe everything you think.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My prediction: Bison lose the last three games of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    My prediction: Bison lose the last three games of the season.
    Well aren't you an optimist.....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Have you been to Nebraska? There is literally nothing else to do. OK, pheasants. Yeah, yeah and deer. But on Saturday mornings Memorial Stadium will contain the hapless Huskers and some big name, big time FBS opponent from the B1G these days. You won't find that in the FargoDome. That is a big difference according to many. A couple of years ago I went to the Gophers home opener not because I am a Gopher fan but because the oppo was The Ohio State. And speaking of the boat rowers I would guess that even at this low point NDSU is still drawing comparatively well versus their closest FBS neighbor. Ain't no Memorial Stadium in Minneapolis. Just like Sarah Palin I can see I-94 from my house and there is no river of maroon and gold on Saturday mornings.

Either way though we as fans owe nothing to the program. Nothing. It is entertainment and as such competes against all other uses of that discretionary capital. It is up to the entertainment provider to make the experience compelling.
    It’s also not a fair comparison as there are more people in the Omaha metro than all of North Dakota. Add in the Lincoln metro and I would bet the total is close to ND and SD combined

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    And don't even get me started on the embarrassing shit some of these large companies are "giving away". A poor college kid has to make at least one shitty fake beanbag that flies kind of like a frisbee into an inflatable cornhole board ... and if he manages to make one ... he gets $25 to Hornbachers!!! Are you fucking kidding me Hornbachers??? $25!!! Every time this happens at games I am genuinely embarrassed for them.
    No kidding. I can't remember seeing anyone win one of those when I have been in attendance. They either need to make the activities much easier if the prize is $25 or they need to up the prize. Most of those slim odds type of contests (half court shots, etc.) can be covered by an insurance premium that lessens the cost to the business significantly but it ups the "fun" factor greatly because of the chance at a much larger prize. Maybe they could give away more Bison swag through contests. 8-9 years ago my family was at a Twins game early and were chosen to go down on the field and do a trivia game. It was my daughter and I against my wife and my son. Didn't really matter who won, they just wanted the pre-game entertainment. We ended up walking out of there with (2) Twins jackets, a Twins backpack, a Twins baseball glove and (4) Twins hats. The retail value of it all was in excess of $350 if we purchased it from the Pro Shop. Cool experience and memory for the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    This is what i think is going on behind the scenes that we see the results of.

Matt Larson and every other upper management person: What do the people want?

Fans: GAME DAY Atmosphere!

Upper Management: Give them mini foam footballs! (but only in first 20 rows)

Fans: We want better concession foods!

Upper Management: .........................

Fans: We want alcohol served at games!

Upper Management: Give them permission to bring alcohol into select sections with poor signage and directions. Charge $$ for convivence.

Fans: We want WiFi!

Upper Management: Give them T-shirts (but only in first 15 rows)

Fans: We want engagement and fun time!

Upper Management: Cut expenditures.
    Things that won't factor into my decision to buy tickets and go to a game: Better concessions (good enough) - beer sold at the dome (I like beer but has zero factor in me buying a ticket) - fan engagement (the game, a Win, loud fans and some music is good) - game day atmosphere improvements (pretty good FCS atmosphere already) - WIFI (maybe I'm too old?)

Things that would get me to buy tickets: cheaper tickets (3kids) - more GA tailgating right by the dome (why not more on the east side?) - opponent.

Thats just me.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I knew when NDG&F proposed a pheasant hunting season for North Dakota back in 2018 that it was going to cause attendance problems for the football program.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck