Thread: Dear Matt Larson

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Dear Matt Larson

Both golf teams doing quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Basic concessions were open
    The band never plays exhibition games
    There's no cheer team at all at NDSU this year (everybody quit due to the coach getting fired, which was BS) - even if we had one they usually aren't at exhibition games either
    I actually liked the lighting change, many arenas in basketball only light the floor and concession concourse areas so it's not unusual, we just haven't done it. If you're gonna try it out an exhibition is the perfect time to do so.

If you've never been to an exhibition game before I could see how you might think it wasn't a great start but it's the same every year. Crowd was actually better than most this year as well so that was encouraging.
    Listen bud I voicedmy opinion I get we disagree I really don’t care that you think I’m wrong…. It doesn’t matter to me
    I pay for good seats I heard Matt Larsen on the radio bragging about the concessions at basketball games
    My wife and I
    Met there after work looking for some food not a hot dog or a butchered burger or pulled pork
    I’d say if there is one thing that should return from the bsa it’s the sloppy joe plate that was good eats
    I didn’t know about the cheer team
    But if it’s included in my season tickets it’s a game it’s a event
    Do they play the spring game with 15% of the concessions open
    Is the band there?
    It’s apathy about our 261st funded program and it’s getting old for this basketball fan
    I sent Matt a email and will talk to the president at the next game
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Listen bud I voicedmy opinion I get we disagree I really don’t care that you think I’m wrong…. It doesn’t matter to me
    I pay for good seats I heard Matt Larsen on the radio bragging about the concessions at basketball games
    My wife and I
    Met there after work looking for some food not a hot dog or a butchered burger or pulled pork
    I’d say if there is one thing that should return from the bsa it’s the sloppy joe plate that was good eats
    I didn’t know about the cheer team
    But if it’s included in my season tickets it’s a game it’s a event
    Do they play the spring game with 15% of the concessions open
    Is the band there?
    It’s apathy about our 261st funded program and it’s getting old for this basketball fan
    I sent Matt a email and will talk to the president at the next game
    08 is a basketball apologist and also an one for the entire athletic department. Must be on the “inside” a bit and doesn’t appreciate constructive criticism.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    08 is a basketball apologist and also an one for the entire athletic department. Must be on the “inside” a bit and doesn’t appreciate constructive criticism.
    yea there's about 2-3 of them on here, the HOT SEAT is bringing them out.

Unbison is Right and CAS is Right. wth its like its 2011 in Frisco with you 2! haha.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Apologist no, realist yes. It's the way exhibition games have always been at the SHAC, I don't necessarily agree with it, it's just the way it's been and was stating facts. During the regular season the concessions are pretty great, the Fargo Philly/Mac Daddy's stand is awesome to have there but tough for them to want to set up and do all of the prep when they are expecting maybe 500 people at the game. I do agree one of two things should be true, either they should put on the full gameday experience for exhibition games or it should be free to attend. It'd be a great way for families who maybe otherwise wouldn't spend the money not knowing if their kids would be interested or want to be there or couldn't afford it to make it to a game and build the fan base.

I'm just a diehard college basketball fan and I've been a diehard fan of this team since I went to NDSU years ago, I don't love everything about where the program is at that's for sure but I do love the players on this team and will support the hell out of them every chance I get and there's plenty of places that have it much worse than us.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Apologist no, realist yes. It's the way exhibition games have always been at the SHAC, I don't necessarily agree with it, it's just the way it's been and was stating facts. During the regular season the concessions are pretty great, the Fargo Philly/Mac Daddy's stand is awesome to have there but tough for them to want to set up and do all of the prep when they are expecting maybe 500 people at the game. I do agree one of two things should be true, either they should put on the full gameday experience for exhibition games or it should be free to attend. It'd be a great way for families who maybe otherwise wouldn't spend the money not knowing if their kids would be interested or want to be there or couldn't afford it to make it to a game and build the fan base.

I'm just a diehard college basketball fan and I've been a diehard fan of this team since I went to NDSU years ago, I don't love everything about where the program is at that's for sure but I do love the players on this team and will support the hell out of them every chance I get and there's plenty of places that have it much worse than us.
    Just because it's the way it's always been doesn't mean that it shouldn't be changed. This is the exact type of situation that the Ath. Dept. needs to start earning their money on. It seems like a few "free" events that would expose Bison Basketball to a wider audience would be great. I know it's sacrilegious to agree with Chapo but it is situations like these that lend credence to his assertion that ML is asleep at the wheel and just riding this out until retirement.

The one thing I really wish they'd bring back is the midnight madness/kickoff event. They just do that little open house type thing but it'd be a lot more fun if they made it into a bigger event with a 3pt and dunk contest again and player introductions, etc. Those were always a good time in the old BSA.

Basic concessions were open
    The band never plays exhibition games
    There's no cheer team at all at NDSU this year (everybody quit due to the coach getting fired, which was BS) - even if we had one they usually aren't at exhibition games either
    I actually liked the lighting change, many arenas in basketball only light the floor and concession concourse areas so it's not unusual, we just haven't done it. If you're gonna try it out an exhibition is the perfect time to do so.

If you've never been to an exhibition game before I could see how you might think it wasn't a great start but it's the same every year. Crowd was actually better than most this year as well so that was encouraging.
    Everything Ive read is the coach resigned(was going to get fired) for abusive behavior. There were already cheerTeam member who had quit. Then with the coach leaving there wasnt time to recruit new members. So they cancelled the team for the remainder of the year.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Everything Ive read is the coach resigned(was going to get fired) for abusive behavior. There were already cheerTeam member who had quit. Then with the coach leaving there wasnt time to recruit new members. So they cancelled the team for the remainder of the year.
    That's basically the gist of it, a former cheerleader complained about mental abuse and there was an investigation. My gf cheered under that coach, she said yeah she was hard on people and could be harsh but she didn't think it was any different than any other D1 coach. But once the complaint was filed, she was basically forced in resignation and then only 4 cheerleaders returned this year because of it so there wasn't enough time to recruit an entire new team so they took a year off to rebuild the team.

That's basically the gist of it, a former cheerleader complained about mental abuse and there was an investigation. My gf cheered under that coach, she said yeah she was hard on people and could be harsh but she didn't think it was any different than any other D1 coach. But once the complaint was filed, she was basically forced in resignation and then only 4 cheerleaders returned this year because of it so there wasn't enough time to recruit an entire new team so they took a year off to rebuild the team.
    the Dance Team has been much much much better at football games than them... and sharper looking.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?