Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dear Matt Larson

Default Re: Dear Matt Larson

Lights off in the seating area I thought was an improvement. Made for a better atmosphere in my opinion, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    That's basically the gist of it, a former cheerleader complained about mental abuse and there was an investigation. My gf cheered under that coach, she said yeah she was hard on people and could be harsh but she didn't think it was any different than any other D1 coach. But once the complaint was filed, she was basically forced in resignation and then only 4 cheerleaders returned this year because of it so there wasn't enough time to recruit an entire new team so they took a year off to rebuild the team.
    I witnessed on more than a couple occasions when the cheer coach was an absolute dick. She got in one cheer members ass because his legs were pointing the wrong way while sitting on a mat. Really???? Never ever thought I would see that in regards to the cheer team.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I witnessed on more than a couple occasions when the cheer coach was an absolute dick. She got in one cheer members ass because his legs were pointing the wrong way while sitting on a mat. Really???? Never ever thought I would see that in regards to the cheer team.
    Does the former cheer coach know anything about football, specifically defense? Asking for a friend.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

BISONBRI53 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Sounds like we need her on the football team... Maybe dumb penalties will go down!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I mean she coached cheer during football games for like 15 years or so, I'd say she probably has at least some knowledge of the game and that attention to detail could prove very useful for our defense

My understanding is that they did not have enough female cheer team recruits/tryouts so they couldn't field a squad for any of the athletic teams. It sounds like the new coach is making a big effort to recruit a squad for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    There is no cheer team in any sport this year. They apparently felt they didn't have adequate numbers due to the coaching debacle earlier this year. Dance Team has expanded their role for football and the last I heard they were in negotiations for other sports.

Not sure how a school of that size can't recruit enough cheerleaders so they have to call it quits for a year, but apparently that happened.
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!