Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: WIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    About 95% of anything that went wrong for the Bison defense on Saturday was related to middle linebacker play. Anything more than 2 years gained, the MLB got sucked down to LOS and engaged with lineman. When he wasn't guessing and stayed parallel with ball, the wiu offense struggled. A lot.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    I noticed more than once a LB charging toward the line and engaging with a lineman. Like it was on purpose to take on a blocker but to open things up for who? Because no one was coming behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I don't really know who would win, all 3 of those teams are sad beyond belief.

What I do know is I watch a metric shit ton of FCS and G5 games, and that particular game was a disgrace to the sport of football.
    SHSU was bad in fcs last year, and this year they are inventing new ways to lose.

Go watch some of these games if you don't believe me, or just go read what SHSU fans are saying on their board. They're folding up the tent. Damn near ghost town stadium for that game, it looked horrible. MSU vs Sac State was 1000x better entertainment, in every possible way.
    SHSU and FIU can be bad and still beat that WIU team handily. NDSU won 52-7 and this NDSU team isn’t a world beater in comparison to the standard that the program has set. That WIU team is going to struggle to finish in the top half of the OVC next year if they don’t find a way to improve. That was worst MVFC team that I have seen. They have lost 20 straight games and that streak is going to grow.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    About 95% of anything that went wrong for the Bison defense on Saturday was related to middle linebacker play. Anything more than 2 years gained, the MLB got sucked down to LOS and engaged with lineman. When he wasn't guessing and stayed parallel with ball, the wiu offense struggled. A lot.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Disagree, on at least one occasion ( bigger run early ) Derritt just gets lost and the RB ran right through his hole by him. Lb's struggle when the d line struggles and they can't stay clean. 91 and Derritt ain't getting it done consistently. Just my opinion. Huisman and duttenhefer need to play more with Derritt 3rd down pass rushing dt. BISON nutrition please put 10-15lbs on all dt's as soon as possible......

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    NDSU won 52-7 and this NDSU team isn’t a world beater in comparison to the standard that the program has set.
    We really don't know for certain how good NDSU is or can be this year. Sagarin still has us top 3 in FCS.
    One interesting datapoint is we beat WIU 56-17 last year and ended up in Frisco.
    IF this game meant anything, 52-7 would indicate a slightly better NDSU defense over last year.

All we really know is WIU and Murray are such piss poor teams that these games tell us nothing.

We'll see how we look against SDSU this year. That's unfortunately the benchmark now.
    Then, we'll see with SIU and UNI how competitive we are with the rest of the field.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 10-24-2023 at 04:37 PM.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We really don't know for certain how good NDSU is or can be this year. Sagarin still has us top 3 in FCS.
    One interesting datapoint is we beat WIU 56-17 last year and ended up in Frisco.
    IF this game meant anything, 52-7 would indicate a slightly better NDSU defense over last year.

All we really know is WIU and Murray are such piss poor teams that these games tell us nothing.

We'll see how we look against SDSU this year. That's unfortunately the benchmark now.
    Then, we'll see with SIU and UNI how competitive we are with the rest of the field.
    You are talking in circles. The WIU team that played in the dome last Saturday is the worst MVFC team that I have seen since NDSU joined the conference and I started watching. They are historically bad and have not won a game in almost 2 full seasons and that streak is growing. SHSU and FIU would both beat them and it wouldn't be very competitive. That's not me arguing that SHSU and FIU are good teams. They would likely both finish below .500 in MVFC play but they would beat WIU. You arguing that SHSU and FIU were worse is what put up a red flag for me. I get it, you don't think CUSA is good. The reality is that they are similar to the MVFC in almost every metric you want to point to, Sagarin, budgets, fan attendance, national relevance. If CUSA isn't relevant than neither is the MVFC. They both are far down on the pecking order of Division 1 college football. Arguing otherwise is just ridiculous from my perspective.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You are talking in circles. The WIU team that played in the dome last Saturday is the worst MVFC team that I have seen since NDSU joined the conference and I started watching. They are historically bad and have not won a game in almost 2 full seasons and that streak is growing. SHSU and FIU would both beat them and it wouldn't be very competitive. That's not me arguing that SHSU and FIU are good teams. They would likely both finish below .500 in MVFC play but they would beat WIU. You arguing that SHSU and FIU were worse is what put up a red flag for me. I get it, you don't think CUSA is good. The reality is that they are similar to the MVFC in almost every metric you want to point to, Sagarin, budgets, fan attendance, national relevance. If CUSA isn't relevant than neither is the MVFC. They both are far down on the pecking order of Division 1 college football. Arguing otherwise is just ridiculous from my perspective.
    We would beat the shit out of both SHSU and FIU, and it would be every bit as bad as what we did to WIU. Sorry, but that conference really isn't any better than where we are now. I watched that game, and it made our contest look like a masterpiece.

You don't remember the 50 point beatdowns we gave them? They are 0-7 for a reason.

We would beat the shit out of both SHSU and FIU, and it would be every bit as bad as what we did to WIU. Sorry, but that conference really isn't any better than where we are now. I watched that game, and it made our contest look like a masterpiece.

You don't remember the 50 point beatdowns we gave them? They are 0-7 for a reason.
    Didn’t Sammy beat us the last time we played them? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Didn’t Sammy beat us the last time we played them? Lol
    But Covid and our #1 quarterback was waiting for the draft.
    It's OK to not be OK.