Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hire Vigen, Save Program

Default Re: Hire Vigen, Save Program

Whats funny is everyone was calling for vigens head because of his playcalling as well. You would think he has learned over the years hes been gone.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Feels like we want to fire and hire everyone.

Will there be a Hire Entz thread next year?
    Potentially.

Vigan would not be a good fit. Go out and get a motivator and energetic winner of a coach. A people person with great character and a player coach. There has to be some great young minds out there that are coaches that would fill those shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Vigan would not be a good fit. Go out and get a motivator and energetic winner of a coach. A people person with great character and a player coach. There has to be some great young minds out there that are coaches that would fill those shoes.
    There's actually one on staff and he'll be getting the job so time will tell how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post
    Agreed, Vigan wouldn't be a good fit. Vigen would be a MUCH better fit.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

FWIW, I am just not "feeling it" with Tyler Roehl. I don't see him having the "stature" of a head coach (not literal stature). I like imposing, larger-than-life coaches with intense gazes. Both Bohl and Klieman had tlhe "look." Very intense people. Klieman was great on having high emotional intelligence. Now that we are reading a bit more about Entz, maybe the players did look up to him. Article in the Forum that on Sunday Entz and his wife met with the players to tell them the news. Matt and his wife emerged with reddened eyes. I don't know if they have any family in California but, man, that is a cold-call move to go from here to California. And say good-bye to 15-minute commutes. But I am sure they accepted this new job with their eyes wide open. They are shrewd people.

And I read that the head coach at USC makes $11 million a year. That one baseball player who signed a $700 million contract. It is getting out of hand.

For a split second I was thinking bringing Vigen back might be a good thing and then someone posted about his demeanor on the sidelines and I remembered watching his press conference leading up to the game. That got me thinking about his offense with the Bobcats the last two years. After further thought I really don't want Vigen here. If you thought MAtt Entz was dry and lacked excitement on camera or during press conferences he looks like Rip Taylor compared to Vigen. Imagine Vigen sitting in a kid's living room telling him how good the lutefisk is in Nort Dacotah eh. No thanks.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am not for or against hiring Vigen. The time of year, this close to early signing period and trying to keep our studs from entering the portal, I think I would prefer to hire Roehl to try to keep order. But Vigen knows how to run a program and is a Bison.

I am more concerned for the anti-QB run fan base if we hire him.

Because at both Wyoming and Montana St his offenses have been extremely QB run heavy.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    For a split second I was thinking bringing Vigen back might be a good thing and then someone posted about his demeanor on the sidelines and I remembered watching his press conference leading up to the game. That got me thinking about his offense with the Bobcats the last two years. After further thought I really don't want Vigen here. If you thought MAtt Entz was dry and lacked excitement on camera or during press conferences he looks like Rip Taylor compared to Vigen. Imagine Vigen sitting in a kid's living room telling him how good the lutefisk is in Nort Dacotah eh. No thanks.
    That's why you don't bring up the lutefisk and tell them about the fry bread instead!! HC doesn't call the plays so my vote is Roehl. Roehl's offense does score points but is hard to watch sometimes. He's young, energetic and a motivator.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I would be happy with Vigen or Roehl.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!