Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Two titles with another coach's players. This program is pretty much now all of Entz's recruits. Entz's vision. Entz's coaches. Every year Entz's puts a bigger stamp on this program and the more he does, the more it deteriorates. Honestly, I can't think of anything Bison football is better at or even on the same level at now than it was 4 years ago.
    To be clear, I agree with all of this. Just don't think our AD/Pres will be able to pull the trigger now for those reasons.
    We might have been better off if he had stumbled out of the gate. I think it takes at least another full year after this one to replace him.

Worst case scenario ... we finish this year 8-3 or 7-4, make the playoffs and lose a close playoff game in the semifinals.
    Rinse and repeat, or make Frisco and lose there, and this whole thing could drag out a while.

Becoming slowly more mediocre could be a worse fate than just bombing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Bohl was also one not expected playoff run away from likely being fired. If we don’t backdoor our way in after the Missouri St loss from my understanding there was a great chance he wasn’t coming back.

Can Entz learn from his mistakes and improve? Does he get the chance and is he willing to let his coordinators fall on the sword?
    We also had an AD with a vision when Bohl was here who was willing to make tough decisions.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    To be clear, I agree with all of this. Just don't think our AD/Pres will be able to pull the trigger now for those reasons.
    We might have been better off if he had stumbled out of the gate. I think it takes at least another full year after this one to replace him.

Worst case scenario ... we finish this year 8-3 or 7-4, make the playoffs and lose a close playoff game in the semifinals.
    Rinse and repeat, or make Frisco and lose there, and this whole thing could drag out a while.

This team will likely lose in the round of 16 due to regionlization. I see no path to top 4 as they would need to play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

I dont think thats worst case scenario. This team just got clowned by UND. There is no guarantee of reaching the semifinals, much less losing in a close game.

But yes, beyond that I'm with you.
    College of Business Alumnus

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My impression of Entz is that he believes with the resources available and the name recognition along with some work that things would stay the same and or improve the program’s prestige. Almost like just showing up with the Bison on the jersey was enough in its own. Every presser is the same when games are lost and or won. Seems every assistant coming in is an old D2 friend or some guy he met in the conference. I’m really lost for words on how to describe it.

Klieman is a man that is enjoyable to watch win or lose. He seems really genuine and knows what the hell is going on at all times. Entz is going with the flow. Sadly the flow is swiftly going downhill.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    This team will likely lose in the round of 16 due to regionlization. I see no path to top 4 as they would need to play defense.
    Agreed. We will have to play SDSU in the second round. Book it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think thats worst case scenario. This team just got clowned by UND. There is no guarantee of reaching the semifinals, much less losing in a close game.

But yes, beyond that I'm with you.
    I've seen enough to question whether Entz can ever win another title.

So what I mean by this is that such a result would likely extend the slow decline.
    If we continue to make semifinals or Frisco, sticking with Entz could be justified.

Part of me almost wants to see it all end more quickly and then get a new coach sooner.
    Bombing out this year could be for the greater good long term.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Personally I’m actually expecting 2 more losses. The way those losses take places could possibly mean we are the first ones out type of deal and miss the playoffs entirely.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I wonder if Easton and Trey talked before the game tonight about the Bison getting their asses kicked by UND.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    My impression of Entz is that he believes with the resources available and the name recognition along with some work that things would stay the same and or improve the program’s prestige. Almost like just showing up with the Bison on the jersey was enough in its own. Every presser is the same when games are lost and or won. Seems every assistant coming in is an old D2 friend or some guy he met in the conference. I’m really lost for words on how to describe it.

Klieman is a man that is enjoyable to watch win or lose. He seems really genuine and knows what the hell is going on at all times. Entz is going with the flow. Sadly the flow is swiftly going downhill.
    The flow is going downhill in a circular motion in a porcelain bowl.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved