Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    For all those who were bored with winning by 30 every game and not caring, this is what you want right? Lol. Look, how we lost is even more concerning then that we lost. While its not time to panic and burn it all down. Definitely need to address the defense and figure that out. If you are only a fan when we win, then I feel sorry for you. Keep you head up, show your Bison pride, and I’ll see you at the dome Saturday.
    You keep spouting this argument like those who were bored beating up on a shitty FCS wanted NDSU to become a shell of themselves and play so poorly they lose by 30. But you know that was never the argument. It was always about wanting to move on to better competition and play bigger schools.

But you've been told this before and I would guess it's only a matter of days until you say the same stupid shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You keep spouting this argument like those who were bored beating up on a shitty FCS wanted NDSU to become a shell of themselves and play so poorly they lose by 30. But you know that was never the argument. It was always about wanting to move on to better competition and play bigger schools.

But you've been told this before and I would guess it's only a matter of days until you say the same stupid shit again.
    So we move up get beat by 30 there how many jumpers do we get then?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Matt Entz reads the last few posts on Bisonville and takes another McConaughey drag of his cigarette. Alright Alright. I'm staying.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    So we move up get beat by 30 there how many jumpers do we get then?
    I don't worry about people like that - they come and go.

There is something to be said for "you're either growing or dying." That's why I could understood Georgia Southern moving up to FBS - they had done everything a program could want at their level so every non-championship season was a huge disappointment. NDSU was the same in D2, and we have set the bar so high that nobody even dreamed it was possible.

NDSU hadn't won a D2 championship for over a decade when we started debating (mostly with UND fans) about going DI. Everybody said NDSU was going to get rocked in DI. They said it again when NDSU played P5 schools. It was an easier decision, in some ways, back then because the problems with D2 like having 10+ schools in the recruiting area move to D2, scholarship cuts, etc could clearly be solved by moving. Going to FBS is going to make some issues worse, like the transfer portal and retention of coaches, but there are getting to be too many FCS schools in the area now, and NDSU does need some new goals.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I don't worry about people like that - they come and go.

Well, there is something to be said for "you're either growing or dying." That's why I could understood Georgia Southern moving up to FBS - they had done everything a program could want at their level so every non-championship season was a huge disappointment. NDSU was the same in D2, and we have set the bar so high that nobody is every going to come close.

NDSU hadn't won a D2 championship for over a decade when we started debating (mostly with UND fans) about going DI who "didn't think it was prudent." Everybody said NDSU was going to get rocked. They said it again when NDSU played P5 schools. It was an easier decision, in some ways, back then because the problems with D2 like having 10+ schools in the recruiting area moveto D2, scholarship cuts, etc could clearly be solved by moving. Going to FBS is going to make some issues worse, like the transfer portal and retention of coaches, but there are getting to be too many FCS schools in the area now, and NDSU does need some new goals.
    NDSU needs to go FBS 3 years ago. That they haven't doesn't change the fact they need to go FBS.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The defense needs a complete rebuild from the inside out. NDSU's defense didn't get a single stop or create a turnover - unless you count UND ending their own drive with stupidity.

I mean, if it's 3rd and 5 or more, most offenses can get 12 yards by running up the middle because NDSU creates lanes in their desperation to get some sort of pressure on the QB. SDSU feasted on this weakness last year. UND and USD did this year. Other teams are going to do the same.

Cam played as well as a QB could - in fact, I'd say he had a pretty exceptional game. And, no, it's not play calling (even though I don't like the constant shotgun.) It's the defense. NDSU cannot win a playoff game with that defense, assuming they even make it that far.

Now, what key thing that I look for in a head coach is being able to identify problems and address them because, yeah, you can't be fantastic every year. Bohl was good at that and he went out and got transfers to bolster NDSU's weak DL. NDSU desperately needs to hit the portal and get some front 7 help. If Entz doesn't do this, then, yeah, we're toast for at least three seasons.
    Maybe he could talk to his son and see if he has any buddies at Mayville St or Dickinson St?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    What happened to the tackles for losses? The swarming defense? DLine struggles to get to the QB. No one on DLine has really stood out. Eli Mostaert was a stud two years ago. Maybe his injury has set him back.

Players and coaches included need to realize that just because you are a Bison, doesnt mean the same success will happen.
    Which players on the 2022 and 2023 defense would have started on our D1 championship teams?

Agreeing with your point and the answer ties into the last few posts.

We would rank 3rd from last in the Big Sky in sacks with 9 sacks on the season.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 10-16-2023 at 04:26 PM.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Which players on the 2022 and 2023 defense would have started on our D1 championship teams?

Not one..........

Quote Originally Posted by wisco4 View Post
    Not one..........
    We have a winner!! That didn't take long.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post

Why limit it to defense? There isn't one star this year. Can't argue with Miller's performance overall...great completion percentage and all...but I also agree that he is not going to win it for us when it gets tough. He can't put the team on his back and carry us.

We are continually getting out coached, out-schemed, etc. Petrino was a bust of a hire. I think the team apathy finally set it. Bohl did it and he had to rebuild. Time will tell if Entz can do it. I'm not a believer in the idea that other teams have caught up. SDSU, sure...but the rest? No way. We slid back. It isn't like USD and UND are full of stars. We just have no stars. Personally, I think Cole should be moved to defense. Might be the most athletic player on the team, but not the best qb...so put him some place where there is need of an athlete.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]