Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I dont have a problem with UND asking Belquist to keep things quiet regarding an offer until after NDSU's camp for a few reasons:

1) It didn't stop NDSU from offering him at camp.
    2) It didn't stop NDSU from offering him after camp.
    3) It didn't stop NDSU from offering after he commit to UND.

Its up to every staff to make their evaluations...cost/benefit..and offer scholarships accordingly. I've never talked to the kid or his family, for all I know he just liked UND more..or wanted to do his own thing, etc.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont have a problem with UND asking Belquist to keep things quiet regarding an offer until after NDSU's camp for a few reasons:

Its up to every staff to make their evaluations...cost/benefit..and offer scholarships accordingly. I've never talked to the kid or his family, for all I know he just liked UND more..or wanted to do his own thing, etc.
    Was it in Belquist's best interest to keep it quiet? I can see arguments both ways, but I would argue it definitely was in UND's best interest. No way they did this to look out for him. Personally, a coach saying this would make me question their ethics.

But...I asked for an example and got it. Appreciate the info.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    This. Well, except for a WR that wants to have the ball thrown to them or a RB that wants some carries. Or maybe they don't want to listen to Old Yeller Marlboro Matt, but beyond that totally agree.
    On the plus side, my sense is that WRs are getting a lot more targets this year compared to the recent past - but that's just a feeling. Part of that is probably driven by the number of teams that have put 3 scores up on us in the first quarter. Heck, almost 25% of the roster is WRs and TEs so we haven't had trouble signing them.

"Fun" fact: NDSU has been completing the same number of passes as the opposing team's offense this year.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'd like to hear another one of the stories eh.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

4) You're a closet und fan.

Lardsin must go!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    These last 2 are called “assertions.” Normally, you back up your assertions with facts and reason.
    Yes, normally you do back up your assertations with facts and reason. And there was none of that given. Particularly anything coming from Chapo. Glad we're on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    prove the last 1 wrong, NDSU sports with all their FBS wins on National TV in front of 2 million & 1 million multiple times and FCS Titles, all the Carson Wentz & Trey Lance Buzz with NFL Draft EASILY TRUMPS EVERYTHING UND HAS DONE IN SPORTS EXISTENCE.

hell the 2014 NDSU big dance win vs Oklahoma probably trumped it all.

what you got. niche fucking hockey with 50 d1 programs playing fucking quinnipiac, rpi, rit ? at most you get 200,000+ viewers on tv for that back in 2002 or whenever.
    none of your other sports teams have done anything nationally to gain its attention.

and yes, the last 2-3 years you have 80-90% kids with "thanks to und for my 1st D1 offer" haha dumbfuck.
    You said "that entire university nationally in its entire existence". Sporting-wise, it has been a heckuva run for NDSU. Didn't think they would be the 4th best school in the Dakotas that quick though.
    And again, according to you, UND's recruiting has always been that way. Not just the last 2-3 years. Meaning the whole roster is kids who couldn't cut it elsewhere. And they had a field day last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Yes, normally you do back up your assertations with facts and reason. And there was none of that given. Particularly anything coming from Chapo. Glad we're on the same page.
    Wow, that first win against NDSU in two decades really went to your head.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Wow, that first win against NDSU in two decades really went to your head.
    Not at all. Should have happened 2 years ago but they couldn't handle the moment. But NDSU is still the standard over the last decade. Are you defending Chapo's commentary?

Question for you since you seem to be very much concerned about the well being of prospective student athletes: What are your thoughts on a hard sell where a scholarship offer will be pulled if someone doesn't commit before leaving a visit? Or if they plan on attending a different school's camp? Do those seem in the best interest of players?

Posting on other team boards and makes assertions without backing them is definitely becoming a trend with you and one other person…

…I’m gonna start calling you “El Forko Chapo.”
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Not at all. Should have happened 2 years ago but they couldn't handle the moment.