Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UND Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    What a loser take this is. It’s clearly been in his best interest. All NDSU had to do was the minimum and they couldn’t manage that. Nice try on a spin but this is pure recruiting strategery and helped Bo see NDSU’s true colors. He made his own choice and don’t kid yourself if it wasn’t heavily weighed with his dad and uncle.
    I'm still curious what colors this strategy showed, honestly.

What a loser take this is. It’s clearly been in his best interest. All NDSU had to do was the minimum and they couldn’t manage that. Nice try on a spin but this is pure recruiting strategery and helped Bo see NDSU’s true colors. He made his own choice and don’t kid yourself if it wasn’t heavily weighed with his dad and uncle.
    Got to admit, I'm not following you logic as well. Except for unique academic offerings that may differ, it would never be in any players interest to go to UND over NDSU. Never.
    Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 10-18-2023 at 09:06 PM.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure what's worse, Chapo publicly making fun of a very well known Grand Forks super sports fan who's mentally handicapped or the terrible takes on Entz ignoring a legacy recruit and somehow blaming UND. You don't think his dad and uncle had an understanding of the situation and it played out exactly how it was explained to them? Guessing Bo doesn't have any regrets on the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This would seem to say NDSU has a habit of offering kids AFTER UND offers, I have no idea if that is true.
    Well, I suppose that would make sense if UND's camp was first - if it was happening at all the way these geniuses think, that is.

What doesn't make sense is that if NDSU is going to try to poach anybody's recruits, it would be SDSU's, not UND's. I'm sure that somehow this ridiculous take makes sense from a UND perspective, but that is because the two programs measure success in very different ways.

The only reason NDSU would have for poaching UND recruits is if we wanted to be a .500 football team with no championship ambitions.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    How do you figure that not revealing an offer is in a kid's best interest? I mean, getting an NDSU offer afterwards (as you imply would've happened), would not harm the kid. And an NDSU offer immediately attracts attention from P5 programs.
    Are you suggesting that it would’ve been in Bo’s best interest to go somewhere he wasn’t wanted or valued? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Not sure what's worse, Chapo publicly mahjong fun of a very well known Grand Forks super sports fan who's mentally handicapped or the terrible takes on Entz ignoring a legacy recruit and somehow blaming UND. You don't think his dad and uncle had an understanding of the situation and it played out exactly how it was explained to them? Guessing Bo doesn't have any regrets on the choice.
    For the record, NDSU screwed up with Bo. But if he would have gotten a scholarship from NDSU, that would be a better place to play. I don't think that is arguable.

I posted the list of NDSU WRS and Commits when Bo was being recruited. there was no room from day 1 and furthermore his dad/uncle let Bo decide and Bo felt like he'd get much more WR time in a wide open offense. it's a nothing burger & he was right he got in a better offense for a WR.
    it wasn't ndsu vs und that's for sure

und recruiting the last 2-3 years is all D2 offerred kids, they will be awful going forward. they'll have to enjoy this super bowl win vs ndsu worst team in 15 years for a loooooong time. hence the tears & rushing field.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Are you suggesting that it would’ve been in Bo’s best interest to go somewhere he wasn’t wanted or valued? Really?
    In DI, NDSU has put more former walk-ons into the NFL than UND's entire program.

And getting an NDSU offer doesn't mean you have to go there, skippy, but it would raise his profile so that a P5 might take a harder look.

That said, I wish Bo would have gotten on offer - his TD against NDSU was one of the most spectacularly athletic plays I've ever seen.

It's spelled 'looser', dipstick.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    In DI, NDSU has put more former walk-ons into the NFL than UND's entire program.

And getting an NDSU offer doesn't mean you have to go there, skippy, but it would raise his profile so that a P5 might take a harder look.

That said, I wish Bo would have gotten on offer - his TD against NDSU was one of the most spectacularly athletic plays I've ever seen.
    I get that you’re upset about things but you’re smarter than this.