Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

We suck at 3rd/4th and short. Which doesn't make sense. OL needs to fuckin fire off the ball. Pass blocking is great and cam is slinging it. 20 and 35 are liabilities. And our pass rush sucks, which will get our db's eaten alive by a good balanced team like say...... Sdsu. We're still a top 6 team though so we got that going for us....

No one can argue this. DC and OL coaches are the most important coaches right now at NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I blame it on a running back coach coaching the oline.

I’ll say it again. Pick a QB. Yes it worked….against Missouri St
    "Our plan of operation is to advance and keep on advancing. We're going to go through the enemy like shit through a tinhorn." - Patton

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastBison View Post
    I’ll say it again. Pick a QB. Yes it worked….against Missouri St
    They have. It's Cam. Cole just comes in as a gimmick or to get him reps so that if Cam goes down, he won't fold under pressure of being a new starter. It seems to be working. Cole is finally starting to improve his passing game, which has been atrocious most of the time until recently.
    Insert something clever here...

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I enjoyed watching the Bison "out athlete" Missouri State. It felt like 2017 again. The only problem is that it isn't going to work against UND or SDSU. I hope Entz and TR have a better scheme than the read option up their sleeves for next week

Defense needs to be better next week or we'll be in for a rude awakening

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Defense needs to be better next week or we'll be in for a rude awakening
    lol puds....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I blame it on a running back coach coaching the oline.
    That running back coach developed 2 NFL guys. You can teach skills but a nasty mean streak cant be taught. Toughness is innate

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

My thoughts:

1) This offense is infinitely more dynamic with Cam at QB. If your only argument is "we should start Cole because Roehl runs the QB too much" you're refuting your own argument by forcing our unimaginative OC to be even more unimaginative. I don't see how Cole's "ceiling" is that much higher than Cam's - with Cole's deficiencies throwing the ball the offense's ceiling is much higher with Cam given he's so much better at throwing the ball. Let the QBs throw and let the RBs run.
    2) To that point the RBs are more than adequate if they would just put the QB under center more than twice a game. STAHP WITH THE SHOTGUN ALL THE TIME... give your RBs a chance by letting them gain some speed by the handoff. Kpenu looks like the best RB because he has the quickest feet and when your RBs are taking the handoff stationary (because the QB is always in the $#%^& shotgun) the RB with the quickest feet is best - give Tamerick Williams some handoffs with the QB under center and good things will happen.
    3) I have serious concerns about the defense. The zone defense was Swiss cheese most of this game. #20 and #35 are not good in pass defense... just calling it like it like I see it. I think the offense is fine but the defense is not going to cut it when they face elite FCS competition llike SDSU or Montana St.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    My thoughts:

1) This offense is infinitely more dynamic with Cam at QB. If your only argument is "we should start Cole because Roehl runs the QB too much" you're refuting your own argument by forcing our unimaginative OC to be even more unimaginative. I don't see how Cole's "ceiling" is that much higher than Cam's - with Cole's deficiencies throwing the ball the offense's ceiling is much higher with Cam given he's so much better at throwing the ball. Let the QBs throw and let the RBs run.
    2) To that point the RBs are more than adequate if they would just put the QB under center more than twice a game. STAHP WITH THE SHOTGUN ALL THE TIME... give your RBs a chance by letting them gain some speed by the handoff. Kpenu looks like the best RB because he has the quickest feet and when your RBs are taking the handoff stationary (because the QB is always in the $#%^& shotgun) the RB with the quickest feet is best - give Tamerick Williams some handoffs with the QB under center and good things will happen.
    3) I have serious concerns about the defense. The zone defense was Swiss cheese most of this game. #20 and #35 are not good in pass defense... just calling it like it like I see it. I think the offense is fine but the defense is not going to cut it when they face elite FCS competition llike SDSU or Montana St.
    Let’s talk about point 1 a little… clearly you and Oregon are seeing something different than me. Yes, Cam appears to be a better passer, but imagine if Cole was our only guy and tell me you wouldn’t be encouraged by what you see. Cole CAN THROW and WILL IMPROVE and is WAY BETTER AT RUNNING both on designed run plays and broken scrambles.

I am willing to be convinced otherwise here and please don’t read my all caps above as combativeness, just emphasis to the points.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery