Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Game 5 Preview: Missouri State

Default 2023 Game 5 Preview: Missouri State

Bison travel to Springfield to take on the Bears on Saturday at 2 PM.

Bears are 1-3 with their only win against powerhouse Utah Tech. They have a lot of FBS transfers on their team, so we are probably screwed.

The Bears coach's last name is Beard, but he doesn't appear to have a beard, which should be illegal. ZZ Top pulled this off, but c'mon, man.

Coach is Married to a Petrino.

The Bears rushed for 31 yards on 27 carries against SIU.

We'll probably start fast and not miss any tackles, so should be a snoozer.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Default Re: 2023 Game 5 Preview: Missouri State

why am I already having PTSD of a 3-0 win...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why am I already having PTSD of a 3-0 win...
    Sad thing is that I would choose that 2010 team to beat this current team.

Haven't commented or read the comments on last Saturday's shitshow and I don't plan to but I'm sure there's lots of blame being thrown at the usual suspects. I'll just say that how this team, from the head coach to the 3rd stringers, responds this week will be telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Haven't commented or read the comments on last Saturday's shitshow and I don't plan to but I'm sure there's lots of blame being thrown at the usual suspects. I'll just say that how this team, from the head coach to the 3rd stringers, responds this week will be telling.
    I can agree with this but I also feel like this has been said multiple times over multiple years. I believe things will be just good enough to make a deep playoff push but have no realistic chance for a championship. That is a direct reflection of the quality of the FCS and not how good NDSU is as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Sad thing is that I would choose that 2010 team to beat this current team.
    HAHA 2010 NDSU would be -21 vs this current NDSU team.

DJ & Ojuri would run thru this defense , M Will and Josh Gatlin would intercept every ball Cam would throw and our Linebackers/DL would crush this current group of kids.

*maybe Entz/Roehl need to throw in some old NDSU Game tapes of 2010-2013 and show them some BISON TOUGHNESS in action!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Honest question to the board, why have our RBs not been productive? Is it the oLine, is it play calling or is it the RBs themselves?

I will say I noticed that on the few runs Barika Kpeenu had success he hit the hole fast and run with urgency. I've said many times over the last few years that too many of our running plays seem slow to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Honest question to the board, why have our RBs not been productive? Is it the oLine, is it play calling or is it the RBs themselves?

I will say I noticed that on the few runs Barika Kpeenu had success he hit the hole fast and run with urgency. I've said many times over the last few years that too many of our running plays seem slow to develop.
    I think it's the read option aspect of our offense. QBs pulling the ball, slow development, pitching the ball directly to our backup QB who's lined up as a RB, etc.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    HAHA 2010 NDSU would be -21 vs this current NDSU team.

DJ & Ojuri would run thru this defense , M Will and Josh Gatlin would intercept every ball Cam would throw and our Linebackers/DL would crush this current group of kids.

*maybe Entz/Roehl need to throw in some old NDSU Game tapes of 2010-2013 and show them some BISON TOUGHNESS in action!
    Lets shut the whole fucking season down. We are finished players suck coaches suck we will never win another game. Shut it down and save the athletics department money

Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    Lets shut the whole fucking season down. We are finished players suck coaches suck we will never win another game. Shut it down and save the athletics department money
    Didn't we try this approach back in '20?
    Don't believe everything you think.