Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Matt Entz

Default Re: Matt Entz

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    This is largely where I'm at. We need to make improvements, but you can't justify canning a guy with championships unless things get real ugly. Maybe if we didn't make the playoffs a couple years or had early exits it would be legitimate. Losing in Frisco isn't a firable offense.

IF we ever replaced Entz, I would want a guy who knows our system, and would keep it mostly intact. That system has been successful and won us a LOT of titles over multiple coaching changes.

We won this last game on TOP and yardage. Had enough points to win a lot of games. It's the defense that needs repair imo. We might have to look for a new DC if it doesn't get better soon.
    Fine, it's not time to get rid of Entz, but something isn't working. There needs to be a fall guy, these teams look nothing like the dynasty teams...physically, schematically, disciplinary.

The fuck is this looking to the sidelines bs? I'm still curious where TR learned this?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by louis13 View Post
    What even is our system anymore? Sure doesn't look like the power west coast/tampa 2 system that built the FCS dynasty. Bring back the Pat Perles/Brent Vigen Power West Coast system a la 2005-2013
    Sure feels like SDSU figure out how to take that system and add some creativity to it and cruise right past us. It used to be fans could call the next play ONLY when we were up by 20 and enforcing our will but early in games or in tight games there was some creativity in well timed out of character plays. I've said it before but it feels like TR has taken the mantra that the Bison are so dominant they can and will just run it down your throat to the level of being his only identity on game days.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Sure feels like SDSU figure out how to take that system and add some creativity to it and cruise right past us. It used to be fans could call the next play ONLY when we were up by 20 and enforcing our will but early in games or in tight games there was some creativity in well timed out of character plays. I've said it before but it feels like TR has taken the mantra that the Bison are so dominant they can and will just run it down your throat to the level of being his only identity on game days.
    That ship sailed A LONG time ago. A-Gap power has not worked for quite a while.

Maybe the Tampa 2 defense scheme doesn’t work as well as it used to? Sometimes offense or defense schemes phase out for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Sad but true.

I clean out the AD office. all of them. Bring back NDSU GUYS. not east coast pussies. it's obviously permeated into the football program unfortunately.

she's available! lol
    https://x.com/PeakSportsMGMT/status/...212951466?s=20

I have zero feelings b4 a game that these players can run thru a brick wall , soft as baby shit.

Time for Entz/Roehl/Goeser to right this ship or step aside.
    This post has strong D2 Hoople energy
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Agreed. Last year we had 2 NFL lineman on 1 side of the line, an NFL RB and our now LT at center and honestly could not consistently make yards running the ball. Maybe some quick hitting man on man blocking or trap runs to our FB would help just get some downhill momentum. I watched some of the you tube videos from the ?Simdorn/Bentrim thread and seeing those O lineman (M Favor stood out) just explode off the line was amazing. This is how we toppled Northern Iowa and now I feel we are being toppled too.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Oh, to again see that sequence with Wentz and Crocket running the same play repeatedly during the Dome playoff game versus Sam Houston. What an end of the 3rd quarter and into the 4th that was!