Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HIRE VIGEN - Save Season

Default Re: HIRE VIGEN - Save Season

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I think Entz was good at DC because we had a legit all-time DC as our HC. How much control did Entz have? We KNOW Klieman is the real deal...and knew this when he was DC. What has Entz done?
    The Peter Principle thing makes more sense to me than Klieman doing two full time jobs and no one noticing to the point that they hired the guy who wasn’t doing his coordinator job to be the head coach.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The Peter Principle thing makes more sense to me than Klieman doing two full time jobs and no one noticing to the point that they hired the guy who wasn’t doing his coordinator job to be the head coach.
    Touche, that makes sense. I also wasn't implying he wasn't doing his job, but that maybe he wasn't necessarily calling the games without Klieman's oversight. But maybe it's sort of related to the Peter Principle, his leader was great and elevated those around him, which allowed him to rise above his level.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Touche, that makes sense. I also wasn't implying he wasn't doing his job, but that maybe he wasn't necessarily calling the games without Klieman's oversight. But maybe it's sort of related to the Peter Principle, his leader was great and elevated those around him, which allowed him to rise above his level.
    Regardless, he was a better DC than HC, right?
    Insert something clever here...

Klieman was quoted " There are times when I need to step back and let the assistant coaches coach. But there will be times when I see something that I wont hesitate in letting them know." (para phrased}
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Did no one here watch Montana State in Brookings a few weeks ago run QB Chambers into a brick wall play after play after play after play?

Bison4peat is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Klieman was quoted " There are times when I need to step back and let the assistant coaches coach. But there will be times when I see something that I wont hesitate in letting them know." (para phrased}
    Entz "There are times when I don't know what to do so I talk to my buddy TR and we hammer the qb draw"

Hope this isn’t true but can’t prove it wrong. I remember defenses being young at the beginning of the season but still good. By the playoff bye week the defense was legit but got better every week especially over winter camp. I have not seen the week to week improvement recently. Bit concerned.

I think Entz was good at DC because we had a legit all-time DC as our HC. How much control did Entz have? We KNOW Klieman is the real deal...and knew this when he was DC. What has Entz done?

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Regardless, he was a better DC than HC, right?
    That doesn't make the point you think it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Pretty easy to read between the lines there, no?

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Did no one here watch Montana State in Brookings a few weeks ago run QB Chambers into a brick wall play after play after play after play?
    You can do that when you have a dominant defense, which we do *not* have. It's not even good, it's actually pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Hope this isn’t true but can’t prove it wrong. I remember defenses being young at the beginning of the season but still good. By the playoff bye week the defense was legit but got better every week especially over winter camp. I have not seen the week to week improvement recently. Bit concerned.
    Like McFeely pointed out, the great teams we've had did stub their toes once in awhile, but this just feels different...much like the loss in Frisco last year. I don't think there was a single positive thing to take away from this game. This certainly doesn't have the feel of a team that will peak in November.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

I was definitely pro fire Vigen. He seems to have grown into the job at Montana State.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Getting Vigen to move might be tough. His base salary is $210k but bonuses can push that close to $500k. Entz has a $300k base but bonuses top out at $420k. Pretty sure that money goes further in Bozeman too. Buying out Entz's contract to sign an even higher one isn't a good look right now. I think he has 2 years left. Might be better to wait for that and replace a coordinator instead. See if that lights a fire.