Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HIRE VIGEN - Save Season

Default Re: HIRE VIGEN - Save Season

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    This is a very serious and genuine question. Can you please expand on this? What attributes do you think make him better in one position than the other?

Thanks in advance.
    He's a good recruiter. He has a ton of energy and fire. He bleeds green and gold. His players that he's coached genuinely seem to want to run thru a wall for him. He just can't call plays consistently well from game to game to safe his life!

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I think Roehl would be a better HC then he is OC. Vigen's shown it's possible.
    Vigen was a good OC when he had more than 2 healthy receivers. He killed it in 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Depends on if he wants to call plays or be a CEO type coach. If he wants to call plays he would be even worse as HC.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Depends on if he wants to call plays or be a CEO type coach. If he wants to call plays he would be even worse as HC.
    Doesn’t seem to be the role of HC at NDSU…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Doesn’t seem to be the role of HC at NDSU…
    Been a long time since we had a HC with a background on the offensive side of the football.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I'd love it in the offseason if ME and TR were fired and then they talk Vigen into being HC and to bring Messingham over as OC. Maybe just demote ME back to DC because he was kinda good there...Peter Principle and all as someone else pointed out in the game thread.
    Was he? Or was CK the puppet master...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

HOW? An OC should be the guy or one of the guys being groomed to be a HC. This guy cant make an adjustment to save his nuts! That's just the offense! Now he'd have a whole team to be in charge of? Just because he is an Idol in Fargo and NDSU and the big diesel ran wild and talks with intensity through his teeth does not mean he is a good coach. RB/TE, OC, HC... Not ragging on you but I have seen this a bunch over the last few years....
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    HOW? An OC should be the guy or one of the guys being groomed to be a HC. This guy cant make an adjustment to save his nuts! That's just the offense! Now he'd have a whole team to be in charge of? Just because he is an Idol in Fargo and NDSU and the big diesel ran wild and talks with intensity through his teeth does not mean he is a good coach. RB/TE, OC, HC... Not ragging on you but I have seen this a bunch over the last few years....
    My idea of a HC is the CEO type. Put good people in positions like OC and DC and let them run those units. Step in when you need to during practices but delegate on game days. Concentrate on managing the game and clock as well as major decisions to go for it etc. Vigen struggled a lot as an OC here in his early years much like Roehl.

My idea of a HC is the CEO type. Put good people in positions like OC and DC and let them run those units. Step in when you need to during practices but delegate on game days. Concentrate on managing the game and clock as well as major decisions to go for it etc. Vigen struggled a lot as an OC here in his early years much like Roehl.
    Vigs also was able to learn under a true CEO coach in Bohl. ME is FAAAAAAAR from that and TR has no one to learn that roehl from. (see what i did there?)
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

I still can't get over how Roehl's offense is dominated by QB read option after being such a great RB in a much different and very successful system.