Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

After skimming through a replay:

- We ran a blitz on same side of their first TD, which didnt help.
    - Im continually unimpressed by a couple of our starters on defense. #20 is always out of position on pass plays.
    - The play call on 2 & goal when down 7-0 was just awful. USD was not fooled and we only had 1 guy running a route on that side. Maybe Cam ran it wrong? Sometimes the play designs on pass plays arent good either.
    - Would like to see more "push" from the OL in the run game
    - The two penaities on their 2nd TD drive were iffy esp. the PI.
    - The Cam pick hurt us and their 3rd TD was another long drive. Credit USD for capitalizing
    - As everyone has mentioned, the offense needed more urgency early on in 2nd half.
    - You go look at USDs stats and it wasnt that impressive. They jumped on us and it seemed like we didnt know what hit us.
    - Defense was much better and settled down in 2nd half, altho Yotes didnt need to be aggressive with the lead
    - Im not too worried about the offense. They were taken out of the gameplan early. The back 7 of the defense has some things to fix and there seems to be issues again with missed tackles and getting to the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    But were they designed QB runs?
    and only 1 pass in 4 games over 25 yards. ouch

i seldom call out players. but #18 Shepherd and #20 Julian were AWFUL AGAIN. this game. and it's costing us losses. find another to step up.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

But were they designed QB runs?
    Or perhaps for more enlightenment, in how many of those 20 QB runs was the decision for QB carry made on the sideline vs at the LOS? Of the ones made at LOS do the sideline peeps agree with those decisions while reviewing the game tape?
    Don't believe everything you think.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Time to bring in Prime Time Sanders.
    Shit!!!! I would take his cousin Leon right now!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    This coaching staff is an abomination. This game was a clear example of these idiots showing the world just how utterly incompetent and blatantly stupid they can be.

I despised the Entz hire, and the Roehl hire was worse. This nightmare needs to end.

How the hell these guys could go ahead and take what the defense was giving last game and be so successful, and then turn around and start trying to pound square pegs into round holes again, is just astonishing! How can anyone coaching at this level exhibit such rank stupidity?

The NDSU Bison are unquestionably the most talented team in the FCS, unfortunately they may have the worst coaching staff in the FCS.

Bison are able to recruit great talent because of legacies and an extremely successful last couple of decades; but if this shit keeps up, things could disintegrate quickly.

These guys do NOT!!! deserve your support. Stop!! making excuses for them. Demand change.
    THIS IS 100%!!!!! I could not agree more with the whole post! BUT BUT BUT... 2 championships... BUT BUT BUT... Tyler....BUT BUT BUT... These are college kids... did the boys have fun?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

This coaching staff has been fairly successful, so I doubt we will see any wholesale changes. I will say that with respect to Roehl, he's not improving. We are seeing the same ineffectiveness routinely. If your not improving, time for a change. The defense from a players standpoint went a step backward this week, guys were out of place and missing tackles. I'm sorry, I don't like to single out players individually, but I can't help it this time; Luke Weerts is not the answer at MIC LB. He's not improving, time to look a the other MIC LBs. Back to Roehl, how many athletic plays do our FB's Brozio and Hofstedt have to make before they get more involved in the offense? Same with the TE's.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    This coaching staff has been fairly successful, so I doubt we will see any wholesale changes. I will say that with respect to Roehl, he's not improving. We are seeing the same ineffectiveness routinely. If your not improving, time for a change. The defense from a players standpoint went a step backward this week, guys were out of place and missing tackles. I'm sorry, I don't like to single out players individually, but I can't help it this time; Luke Weerts is not the answer at MIC LB. He's not improving, time to look a the other MIC LBs. Back to Roehl, how many athletic plays do our FB's Brozio and Hofstedt have to make before they get more involved in the offense? Same with the TE's.
    As to Weerts, I think Nick Kubitz is a much better option at MLB.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    As to Weerts, I think Nick Kubitz is a much better option at MLB.
    Agreed. My point is that option number 2 after Nick needs to be someone other than Weerts. Give Staehling or Altepeter or whoever the current 3rd and 4th option are some reps.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jim, we have several players on Defense that are not playing well. 35 is by far the worst safety I have ever seen in a Bison Uniform. 10 has looked awful all year. We have one decent LB 43 The rest really struggle. The DL was awful Saturday. How we didn't hit the portal and bring in LB Safety and CB's makes no sense if this is the best we had in house.

On offense the Oline has looked bad all year. Add in the horrible play calling and you have what we have. At RB where are the Bruce Andersons, Crocketts, Ojuri's. We have average RB at best. Every time we play other teams I wonder how they are more skilled than us by large margins at positions like RB, WR and CB.

I said this two years ago and people crucified me... Since Entz has taken over the talent has slipped every year....coaching has slipped...These things go hand in hand. Entz and Roehl are WAY OVER their heads...Where are the NFL guys they have recruited? The real problem is we are going to be really bad next year...once this senior class is gone we will really start to see how awful Entz's recruiting has been.

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

THIS IS 100%!!!!! I could not agree more with the whole post! BUT BUT BUT... 2 championships... BUT BUT BUT... Tyler....BUT BUT BUT... These are college kids... did the boys have fun?
    Brenda gave them a hug!