Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    In all fairness, we burned up most of the clock on two drives. Then our defense couldn’t get off the field. I feel like our 2nd half offense could have scored 28 points on their own if they hadn’t burned down the clock (which is on the coaches IMO) and put their own backs against the wall.
    It's coaching eh. Kicked a field goal at the end of the clock burner. Not enough time to do that 3 more times and kick 3 more field goals for the win. What a smart decision.

Yeah the defense sucks. Look at the points they gave up non con. Ridiculous fundamentals eh.

Teh coaches!!!!!

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I feel sorry for the qbs today. Probably had to run into the middle of the line 100 times each at practice until they get the west Fargo offense right eh.

Lardsin must go!

Entz can say I take all the responsibility for this and that at his presser but the thing is if you aren't willing to push your own team(employees) for change or change your team(employees) then taking responsibility doesn't mean shit. The second part of taking responsibility as a leader is making the hard choices so you don't have to stand up again the next time and say "I take responsibility ..." for the same damn thing.

He's taking responsibility for the past but is he taking responsibility for the future???

I think our kick/punt return game needs to take some heat too. What the hell was going on back there?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I think our kick/punt return game needs to take some heat too. What the hell was going on back there?
    For certain that cost them at least 45 yards of field position. Not sure if that is an Eli Green problem, blocking scheme problem, both?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Jim, we have several players on Defense that are not playing well. 35 is by far the worst safety I have ever seen in a Bison Uniform. 10 has looked awful all year. We have one decent LB 43 The rest really struggle. The DL was awful Saturday. How we didn't hit the portal and bring in LB Safety and CB's makes no sense if this is the best we had in house.

On offense the Oline has looked bad all year. Add in the horrible play calling and you have what we have. At RB where are the Bruce Andersons, Crocketts, Ojuri's. We have average RB at best. Every time we play other teams I wonder how they are more skilled than us by large margins at positions like RB, WR and CB.

I said this two years ago and people crucified me... Since Entz has taken over the talent has slipped every year....coaching has slipped...These things go hand in hand. Entz and Roehl are WAY OVER their heads...Where are the NFL guys they have recruited? The real problem is we are going to be really bad next year...once this senior class is gone we will really start to see how awful Entz's recruiting has been.
    Steel, I don't disagree with you at all, I just didn't want to go that far/didn't have time this morning to add more. I would throw the depth chart away and sit some of the super seniors. I'd give Cole Payton an opportunity to try and take the starting QB position from Cam, not have him run three straight QB keepers. If Cole takes the starting position away, I think that will create a real spark on offense, if he doesn't, then we know what we are in for the rest of the year. On defense, I think we have some good young talent, let'm play. Sheppard has had enough mental and physical errors that his back up should get a shot now. Jung's back ups can't do any worse than him, so let them play. I don't see any risk in demoting Roehl midseason, I just don't know who could step up to call the offense, but then again, a repeat of last weekend is unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Defense has no heart and no identity.
    And no speed. Out run by USD's RB on a swing pass out of the backfield. In the championship game our DB's were out run by SDSU's QB.

That shouldn't happen anytime, anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    This team lacks playmakers at pretty much every spot on offense.

Offensively, I was hoping we'd have a dynamic threat (or two) emerge from Green, Collins, Hagerle, and Lance and we basically never see three of those guys and the other isn't a significant part of the offense.

At RB, they seem to not trust Williams or are saving him. Marshall doesn't break tackles and Kpeenu has poor vision and also doesn't break tackles.

When you lack dynamism, you have to execute exceptionally well to have sustained success, and I don't think this is a team that can consistently do that.
    My son and I have been talking about this for some time now. We have no-one who can carry the team on his back. It used to be the game was never over until it was actually over. Now, if we are down with 5 min. on the clock, we're pretty much done. No more play makers to save the game for us.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    This is sort of the point I was making in the GDT about the recruiting. I'm sure we have really good players, but is there any vision into who we recruit? Name one position group that you go "Oh, yeah, that ones good to go". We do not have a SINGLE above-average position group. Zip.
    This.............

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    This is sort of mean, but his mouth is almost always super crusty too. I feel like he reminds me of a DIII/NAIA head coach that would be a lifer there with 7-4/8-3 seasons. Like you said, he just doesn't seem polished enough to be a big time head coach, and FCS or not, NDSU is a big boy job. You can overlook that stuff if someone is winning and doing it their way, but he is obviously regressing...it has been mentioned here a few times: Peter Principle. Is he just so over his head and overwhelmed that the little things fall off? If he can't take of himself while being the front man of a big time program, how do you think he coaches the team? We see it in the press conferences...and we see the same reflection on the field.
    Accurate. Discipline starts at the top, we have a massive lack of it on the field. Coach Fetterman... er Entz isn't setting a good example and there seems to be no accountability on the field.