Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Third down, crucial play. USD calls a timeout.

Come out and line up again. Entz calls a time.

This is it bros, we've had several minutes to figure this out. What do we do?

What. Do. We. Do?

Headset crackles, some static.

It's TR up in the bro box.

"QB draw. LFG."
    Lolol. Sob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Hard to blame the offense when they were put behind all game. The Cam pick didnt help. Just a weird game. Defense aint what it used to be and OLine aint physical anymore.
    Easy to blame the offense when they were behind the whole game and all they could do was burn clock for 60 minutes.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    I think the untimely penalties were killer. First USD drive, we gave up a pass interference on 3rd down which gave them another chance at their touchdown. Next drive we try to respond and get a penalty that erases a Mathison TD grab. At the end of the game, that face mask penalty when we needed the stop, led to the game clinching FG for usd. Too tough to overcome. In past years, we had better players across the board. Nowadays, with the portal and NIL, it seems like we recruit local kids who might stick around instead of fringe FBS dudes. When we’re losing, I’m left wondering who is the leader of the team (from both a players and coaches perspective)
    This feels a lot like 08. We were missing leadership, bad QB play, and swiss cheese, undisciplined defense. If this turns out as 7-4...do we end up with an 09 season in 24? I have to believe if we lose again next week with bad offensive output, we see a change. Klieman fired his friend Messingham @KSU, despite it really being his fault. Someone has to go at some point. How many losses until Entz owns it?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Easy to blame the offense when they were behind the whole game and all they could do was burn clock for 60 minutes.
    I'd really like to see someone else on the staff get a quarter or a half and see how it plays out. Roehl had too much success with a generational talent in Lance, and now he is stuck. It's like Kurt Rambis stuck on the triangle offense because Phil Jackson was successful with 2 of the greatest players ever. I'm shocked how much the offense has evolved to something unrecognizable from what Roehl played in and learned. Where the hell is he learning this shit? It certainly wasn't at NDSU.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

As a fan of both the Bison and Gophers, I can say they are tied for having the absolute worst Hurry-up/Two minute offense in all of college football. Their ineptitude in this area defies description.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The defense stopped one USD drive the whole game. ONE. It'd have been two, but they gave one stop back on a stupid penalty, giving the Coyotes at least four points.

The offense scored on 4 out of 6 drives - and took four points of the board with a penalty. No NDSU offense works when the defense can't get any stops - and you can't give up 8+ points in the first half of a game with so few possessions.

The secondary should improve - not sure what room for growth there is elsewhere - other than I can't imagine we'll do much worse on starting field position.

This team just can't afford mental mistakes. I'm glad they're going on the road for two weeks - hopefully that gets them focused.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Our recruiting on defense (especially d-line) has been poor and our tackling (no one has been taught that they have arms) has been terrible past couple games.
    Yep. See above. No pressure the whole game. The QB coupd pat the ball. Couldnt stop the run either

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Third down, crucial play. USD calls a timeout.

Come out and line up again. Entz calls a time.

This is it bros, we've had several minutes to figure this out. What do we do?

What. Do. We. Do?

Headset crackles, some static.

It's TR up in the bro box.

"QB draw. LFG."
    ......"what did he say?" Cam said, straining to hear over the deafening roar of indifference filling the FargoDome.

"WHARGARBLE BHADGH ACGHAH QB DIVE" Matthew "Marlboro Karen" Entz yelled at Cam, his voice sounding more staticy than the headset.

Cam stared. Glancing at Cole: “what did he say?”

"LAHSGO!" Entz said, huffing with snot bubbling from his left nostril which is slightly larger than his right for some reason. Seriously, look at it sometime.

Cam continue to stare, this time he heard him he just didn't want to.

"Fuck, I have to do it again don't I?" Cole said.

'LAHSFUKNGO!!!" Entz bellowed, upset to once again be in his own way, behind the chains.....
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’m aligned with this. Over the years, I’ve always done my “eye test” of other teams and found it easy to predict a blowout or close game. As things stand, I’m not sure we/NDSU pass the eye test re: players and or who we recruit. Our skill players on both O and D (with very few exceptions) are simply not as good as other teams’, our Dline is not as good as opponents, and our play calling on both O and D are below other coaches.

Semobison’s post just above yours is accurate as well.

You're pretty chill these days. Where's the fire?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    You're pretty chill these days. Where's the fire?
    Ketamine therapy.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is the Bison team I was expecting at the beginning of the season. Losing the entire secondary and key lineman, I wasn't expecting much. I was actually quite surprised at how well they were playing before this game. Right now, I'm satisfied because this is how I thought the show would go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    This is the Bison team I was expecting at the beginning of the season. Losing the entire secondary and key lineman, I wasn't expecting much. I was actually quite surprised at how well they were playing before this game. Right now, I'm satisfied because this is how I thought the show would go.
    Ahhhhhh shit. Now I feel like I'm back on earth again. Dammit.
    Don't believe everything you think.