Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: USD Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Two things suggest to me it’s recruiting. The eye test, we don’t look as big and fast as we have in the past. Subjective. The other thing to me is the 2 deep. We show 46 on the two deep (12 offensive positions). Only 11 of those are sophomores or redshirts. So either we are not getting the same level of talent as we have in the past or this staff is favoring upper class men over pure talent/ability.
    Wish I knew if you were right. Very possible; I just don't know. How many years Entz have left on his contract? I hope Larson is smart enough to not touch that thing until he gets this crap together. In the current state of FCS, and NDSU's resources, nothing short of a national title wins are acceptable. I could maybe live with a flukey semi-final loss, but this team won't sniff the semi's right now.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Wish I knew if you were right. Very possible; I just don't know. How many years Entz have left on his contract? I hope Larson is smart enough to not touch that thing until he gets this crap together. In the current state of FCS, and NDSU's resources, nothing short of a national title wins are acceptable. I could maybe live with a flukey semi-final loss, but this team won't sniff the semi's right now.
    If you don’t think this squad is capable of making the semi final then
    I think you’re probably still overestimating the quality of the FCS.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Unfortunately this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Unfortunately this is true.
    Reps to Audit. I stand corrected!

It's still early for Sagarin ratings, but the gaps from 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, etc. grow much smaller as you get lower in the ratings. The gap from 1-8 is about 4x the gap between 9 and 20.
    It's OK to not be OK.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unlike a lot of you guys, I don't know the ins and outs of Entz' contract. I wonder if Matt Larsen approves it unilaterally. Probably not, I assume the President and others weigh in. If we keep at the same dismal rate of the football experience, it would be a travesty for Entz' contract to be extended. I wonder what the buy-out is. I don't see this as getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Unlike a lot of you guys, I don't know the ins and outs of Entz' contract. I wonder if Matt Larsen approves it unilaterally. Probably not, I assume the President and others weigh in. If we keep at the same dismal rate of the football experience, it would be a travesty for Entz' contract to be extended. I wonder what the buy-out is. I don't see this as getting better.
    He signed a 5 year deal in 2019...

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    He signed a 5 year deal in 2019...

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
    I would think the two year left mark is usually when a coach gets an extension so they aren't ever saddled with recruiting under a one year contract.

EDIT:
    Entz signed another amendment in July 2022, extending his contract through 2025, after NDSU beat Montana State for the national championship in January. The amendment also included a clause that automatically extends his contract by one year if the Bison reach the national championship game.
    The above was covered in McFeely's article about ML giving coach's extensions in the dark of night.

So by my maths Entz's contract goes through 2026.

Also, a buyout of anything more than one year at the FCS level would be unheard of and even a one year buyout would probably only happen at NDSU and only if Entz pissed off the right donors.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tailg8r View Post
    i would think the two year left mark is usually when a coach gets an extension so they aren't ever saddled with recruiting under a one year contract.

Edit:

The above was covered in mcfeely's article about ml giving coach's extensions in the dark of night.

So by my maths entz's contract goes through 2026.

Also, a buyout of anything more than one year at the fcs level would be unheard of and even a one year buyout would probably only happen at ndsu and only if entz pissed off the right donors.
    2026? fuck!

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I would think the two year left mark is usually when a coach gets an extension so they aren't ever saddled with recruiting under a one year contract.

EDIT:

The above was covered in McFeely's article about ML giving coach's extensions in the dark of night.

So by my maths Entz's contract goes through 2026.

Also, a buyout of anything more than one year at the FCS level would be unheard of and even a one year buyout would probably only happen at NDSU and only if Entz pissed off the right donors.
    Gotta be getting close eh?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]