Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Projected Starters for 2023

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Projected Starters for 2023

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Which of them are slow of foot?
    I’ll ask you a question. Who is a quick twitch athlete on this team. Serious question.

It’s the reason we get killed by power five schools. We have a couple of guards who have some quickness but the rest of the team are slow footed non athletic players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I’ll ask you a question. Who is a quick twitch athlete on this team. Serious question.

It’s the reason we get killed by power five schools. We have a couple of guards who have some quickness but the rest of the team are slow footed non athletic players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At the 1-3 positions, we were loaded with Fr last year. I’d say we have some athletes, but they are young and building strength. Poor D is sometimes foot speed, sometimes it’s acumen, other times it’s strength.

I think Dessette is an athlete, along with D-T, Burke, Waddles. Miller more of a Cory Brown, and could develop into a defensive player. Hastreiter, White, and Fed also with some good athleticism. Waddles body style is same as LA. Was LA athletic? Maybe not, but he was a great player.

The blanket statement that we are not athletic, is not a fair statement. Do we a Trayvonn on the roster, no. But besides Trayvonn, who was an athlete on that team? Brown, LA . . . That’s about it.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Who you got for starters by position, backups for this season? Lots of competition for minutes at the 3-4-5.

Starter / Backup
    1) W-T / Waddles
    2) Miller / White / Dissette
    3) Skunny / Hastreiter
    4) Burke / Feddersen
    5) Morgan / Streit
    I think Hastreiter will get the start at the 4 over Burke with Dissette likely getting backup minutes at the 3 behind Skunberg. Feddersen will likely just be spot duty rotation minutes at either the 4 or 5 depending on matchups/foul trouble/etc. I'm hoping to check out practice next week sometime so hopefully will get a good feel for where they are at rotation wise after that.