Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Verbal: TE/DE Wyatt Osterbauer

Default Re: 2024 Verbal: TE/DE Wyatt Osterbauer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    if all of the stuff going on doesn't make you want to go FBS immediately, then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, the schools that have recently made the move have had success. There is money. I am just bored with all of the excuses. Get it done. Go public. Stand on the mountain saying we are ready to move. Beg.
    The downside I do see right now is the G5 is getting poached just as bad as we are. I'm not sure the move changes any of that

if all of the stuff going on doesn't make you want to go FBS immediately, then I don't know what to tell you. Plus, the schools that have recently made the move have had success. There is money. I am just bored with all of the excuses. Get it done. Go public. Stand on the mountain saying we are ready to move. Beg.
    Does Larsen have the cajones to make such a move?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Honestly, if you aren’t B1G or SEC, then going FBS is probably worse than FCS. You get to watch your guys play meaningless regular season games just to then watch a meaningless bowl game played by backups after all of your prime talent transfers or declares for the draft.

If they want to maintain talent across FBS, then there needs to be a regulated payment system for players and incentives for playing in bowl games with a more objective system for ranking teams.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Honestly, if you aren’t B1G or SEC, then going FBS is probably worse than FCS. You get to watch your guys play meaningless regular season games just to then watch a meaningless bowl game played by backups after all of your prime talent transfers or declares for the draft.

If they want to maintain talent across FBS, then there needs to be a regulated payment system for players and incentives for playing in bowl games with a more objective system for ranking teams.
    This is a good point, in the age of NIL why should the school get $5 million or whatever to play in the Jimmie's Chicken Shack Bowl and the players get nothing? The biggest crime though is how much the Bowl executives and "ambassadors" get paid for setting up and promoting 1 game a year.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    My patience is gone with Larsen - over everything. He is a major roadblock today and down the road.
    Agree 100 percent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

To be fair, I don't think it was actually reported that he decommitted, I think that was a collective assumption based on the KSU offer.

So right now, we only lost Ryan Boe and Maxwell Woods from our class. They hurt, but if that's all we lose from this class(I'm sure there will be surprises on Wednesday), I'm going to be pretty happy.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good point. Thought he was a goner.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is a giant first step. Congrats to Polasek for retaining him. Hopefully Wyatt is working Social Media helping to save the class similar to what Easton Stick did.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is a giant first step. Congrats to Polasek for retaining him. Hopefully Wyatt is working Social Media helping to save the class similar to what Easton Stick did.
    There is clearly a collective effort to announce intent right now, so someone is already doing something.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.