Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UCA Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UCA Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Beyond the stats from Cam the reason it was his best game by far was the type of throws he was completing. On the run over a linebacker to the sideline while the WR was charging across the field. Perfect throw

Deep ball to the sideline landing right in the wr hands(solid catch too) right before he stepped out. Perfect throw

Sidestepped the rush to step up one step into the pocket, reset, eyes down field and fire a dart for a first down. Perfect throw

It’s not only the accuracy but having the accuracy while moving that impressed me.

He’s gone entire games without being able to hit a stationary target while he’s standing still. Today he looked like an entirely different QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also takes a lot of pressure off the QB when the receivers have some separation.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Also takes a lot of pressure off the QB when the receivers have some separation.
    Also true. Noticed on many passing plays multiple receivers creating separation and getting open. Especially on what I would consider layered routes.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I would go so far as to say that was the best overall O game since Rigel became OC

couple 13-14 good cattle drives wasnt there, G8R? id say roels called off the top of my head 4 of the best games ive ever seen on any level and i would include yesterday as 1 of them (spring undy game, JMU semi, zona and this last one)-------was getting a bit concerned about lack of carry by williams but there is precedent for this when you think back on last year and how luepke was utilized during lopsided match-ups

also i should add im still not sure who scored on that double reverse or i dont even know what that play was i thought both guys scored and i still do!!! good gravy what a time to be alive! that fake screen pass turned payton rushing tud was also one of the slicker calls ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    One of those CP's pass attempts was to TK Marshall on a wheel route in the 2nd qt.......man, the pass hit him in the hands with nothing but turf in front of him, ball was perfectly thrown. Gotta have those.
    I wonder if it's an adjustment to catch a lefty football ... it's spinning the other direction.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by djohnk View Post
    I wonder if it's an adjustment to catch a lefty football ... it's spinning the other direction.
    I wouldn't think it would have any effect as long as the receiver is catching properly with their hands but if they catch with their body a bit, I could see things being different. (Not supposed to do that anyway...)
    Insert something clever here...

It might look funny coming in but the rotation itself shouldn’t matter I wouldn’t think.

It wouldn’t be an issue south of the equator.
    Don't believe everything you think.

This is some nonsense. Blame the southpaw for someone else’s failure.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Wow! What a change in play calling! I am getting optimistic about the season. Nice work Tyler! The team seems to be coming together. On with the conference in a couple weeks!