Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UCA Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: UCA Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It's time to Kill off the Sunday morning coaches show...I mean the show that they record the sound bites for immediately after the game on Saturday. Entz looks miserable, the production value sucks, and nobody except a few boomers watch it "live." It's really just waist of time and resources. Spend the time getting the highlight montage posted quicker and bonus points if they can do a better job of capturing the flow of the game instead of it just being 99% offense highlights.
    Even some of us boomers don't watch it live anymore. Now it's just highlights I've already seen and generic talk about the next opponent. Even when there was more interesting stuff, the same segment was on the pregame show the day before or the next game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It's time to Kill off the Sunday morning coaches show...I mean the show that they record the sound bites for immediately after the game on Saturday. Entz looks miserable, the production value sucks, and nobody except a few boomers watch it "live." It's really just waist of time and resources. Spend the time getting the highlight montage posted quicker and bonus points if they can do a better job of capturing the flow of the game instead of it just being 99% offense highlights.
    Completely agree. Entz is terrible on that show. At a minimum someone needs to teach him how to look into the camera. I have no clue what he's looking at most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    Completely agree. Entz is terrible on that show. At a minimum someone needs to teach him how to look into the camera. I have no clue what he's looking at most of the time.
    Yo mamma.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    Probably looking to the sideline to get the play call......
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Bisonville posters: "How come we never audible at the line?" and "our play calling is so predictable."

Also Bisonville posters after we scored about twice as many points as Oklahoma State vs UCA before putting in some subs: "Why is the team getting play calls from the sidelines after they see the defensive alignment?"
    Also Roehl needs to call a practically perfect game to get peoples praises on here

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Thoughts:
    Offense - feels weird that we're better at pass blocking than run blocking. I expected the OL to play better with seniors across the board. Not that it's bad at all just not seeing the level of push and displacement as years past. Why are we struggling on third or fourth and short? At WR we got better when sproles left. Not trying to be a jerk, but it is what it is. TE - I've never seen our tight end room take hits after catching the ball and not deliver hits. Feels soft. (At least we're throwing passes to them now)

D - the line feels really athletic, but we still don't have a big time DE. Also seems like the dl can have issues getting moved/covered up. Seems like this is when tackling issues creep in from the second and third level

Lb- worried about Julian Wlodarczyk a bit with big run heavy teams.

DB-who knows how good we are at corner yet. Sam Jung is a weak link. Will do just fine against everyone who isn't elite athletes. The big time athletes make him look too short and too slow. I'd pick on him

Overall-we're right in the mix with the top 8 take who I think all have a shot at the title. Should be a fun year. We won't really know how good we are until the last three weeks
    Maybe I need to watch more closely, but Julian IMHO is also mostly a weak link for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Maybe I need to watch more closely, but Julian IMHO is also mostly a weak link for us.
    he got smoked in the EWU game, bad tape there. Great Hair, But that shouldn't guarantee you a starting spot
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Has there been any updates on Kubicz's injury?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Also Roehl needs to call a practically perfect game to get peoples praises on here
    That's not true bro. He just needed to stop calling shit so predictable that my 4 year old can't be like "yay cam's going to run again. go cam! go cam!"

He just happened to do that and also call a nearly perfect game.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I was mostly just thinking of top 8 seeds. But I think (right now) 7. I agree with the consensus AGS poll. SDSU, ndsu, mont State, holy Cross, Furman, sac state and Idaho. In no particular order
    Sure I can see the through process of matching the top 8 seeds with them being title contenders.

IMO and I feel like most FCS fans opinions there are really only 3 maybe 4 teams that have a legit shot. But I do like having some others in the discussion just so things don't seem so predetermined.