Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of QB Run: Good or Bad for our offense?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Lots of QB Run: Good or Bad for our offense?

When too much QB happens in our offense, I see it as a negative. Too much QB run is like too much 1-on-1 in BB. The offense gets out of sync, and RBs and WRs start to disengage. Right now our RBs have been hurt by too much QB run imo. Too much QB run also hurts our passing game and makes us predictable. I believe the QB run should be sprinkled in, and not be central. What do you say?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Lots of QB Run: Good or Bad for our offense?

Bad.

10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Bad.

10 char
    Bad. Didn't think Roehl had it in him to be less imaginative and more predictable than last year. It is the most boring offense ever and sure the Bison can win big against poor teams, but wait until we play the tougher games on the road.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

QB run with Mess/Stick was really a nice balance. It was infrequent, but really effective when it happened. Seems like today when the QB has the option to give or pull, it’s a high percentage of pull. Would like to see us under center more too. Need to utilize our RB stable and have more run/pass balance. Defending the bison by loading the box seems like a no brainer with our current O. I find myself guessing plays way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    QB run with Mess/Stick was really a nice balance. It was infrequent, but really effective when it happened. Seems like today when the QB has the option to give or pull, it’s a high percentage of pull. Would like to see us under center more too. Need to utilize our RB stable and have more run/pass balance. Defending the bison by loading the box seems like a no brainer with our current O. I find myself guessing plays way too often.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^!

Roehl uses the QB run game way too much and he's actually gotten the QB's trained to run more on read/option plays than they should be because he calls so damn many. Get back under center and run the backs more out of pure run plays setting up play action again! If Roehl doesn't get this turned around this season I'd like Entz to make a change at OC. Tyler's a good guy and he bleeds green but he just is not a good OC.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This^^^^^^^^^^^!

Roehl uses the QB run game way too much and he's actually gotten the QB's trained to run more on read/option plays than they should be because he calls so damn many. Get back under center and run the backs more out of pure run plays setting up play action again! If Roehl doesn't get this turned around this season I'd like Entz to make a change at OC. Tyler's a good guy and he bleeds green but he just is not a good OC.
    Will never happen. TR is a national treasure in Fargo. Our AD is a pussy and our Head coach won't pull those strings.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Considering how many running backs get dinged up over a season, I would prefer the QBs to run a little less often.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bad. Too much reliance on one player to get the ELEVEN-MAN offense to move the ball and get points to, you know, WIN!

If we the fans can predict with good confidence the next play or even the plan for the series, how much do you think the opposing coaches and players know when they study film and actually do this for a living with passion?

For whatever reason, good or bad....TR isn't going to share much against bad teams. He just pounds them to death. I think we are averaging 40ppg or something, so on paper that is hard to argue. We aren't a team that makes ESPN with flea flickers against non scholarship team in the 2nd half iwth huge leads. not us. We don't throw bombs up huge late in the 2nd quarter with our backup QB in. Just not us. We seem to save up and always be ready when it matters. We have always run more at QB when we have a good backup, and we have a great backup. We essentially have 2 starters. I embrace it as anything could happen. It has made both better. I think Payton will end up dominating. I have seen alot in person. I am extremely comfortable with him throwing the ball. I would like to see them allow him to do it in normal game situations. Designed pass plays. It will be fun to see play out. I would like to see the OL dominate more than I have seen so far. Still early, but they have played alot of football. I want to see us get that hard yard. Enjoy.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Why are we even running the QB against a these "creampuff teams". I thought we looked really good in the 1st quarter in MSP. Throw the ball.

The focus should be on 8-31-2024 period. Concentrate on how to win that game and you will win every game in 23.