Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,605

    Default 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    The Bears come into Fargo fresh off a 70-2 win against NAIA Texas College Steers.

    They lost their first game at Oklahoma State, 27-13.

    Will McElvain, former UNI QB, is their starting QB.

    Also, they play 5 teams with purple as their primary uniform color, so there's that.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

  2. #2
    Mr Pep Band's Avatar
    Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Fargodome and BSA
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Sagarin only has us favored by 19 points, so I expect a more physical game from them. But still expect a similar outcome in the second half.

  3. #3
    Mr Pep Band's Avatar
    Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Fargodome and BSA
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Also, was it a coincidence that they scheduled two nonconference BEAR teams? Maine Black Bears & Central Arkansas Bears.

    Should've tried to schedule an additional THIRD Bear team to round out the non-conference Bear trifecta, or any of the following:
    Northern Colorado
    Montana
    Maine - September 9th WIN
    Central Arkansas - upcoming
    Missouri State - October 7th
    Cornell
    Brown
    Morgan State
    Mercer





    Isn't this just un-bear-able

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    11,652

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    The Bears come into Fargo fresh off a 70-2 win against NAIA Texas College Steers.

    They lost their first game at Oklahoma State, 27-13.

    Will McElvain, former UNI QB, is their starting QB.

    Also, they play 5 teams with purple as their primary uniform color, so there's that.
    LOL imagine giving up a safety to NAIA bro what a pud bison roehl behind 400 yards rushing by our qb's 56-5
    Last edited by Kevin; 09-12-2023 at 06:13 PM.
    Zyn It To Win It

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1 block from AG's house.
    Posts
    19,685

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Also, was it a coincidence that they scheduled two nonconference BEAR teams? Maine Black Bears & Central Arkansas Bears.

    Should've tried to schedule an additional THIRD Bear team to round out the non-conference Bear trifecta, or any of the following:
    Northern Colorado
    Montana
    Maine - September 9th WIN
    Central Arkansas - upcoming
    Missouri State - October 7th
    Cornell
    Brown
    Morgan State
    Mercer





    Isn't this just un-bear-able
    Remember when Longhorn used to wear wolf shirts to summon championships? That was back when Longhorn was into sports. Maybe somebody should get a shirt with a bear on it and give it to Roehl?

    Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    12,608

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    LOL imagine giving up a safety to NAIA bro what a pud bison roehl behind 400 yards rushing by our sb's 56-5
    Pretty sure it was 5 extra points and a double eagle.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    18,294

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Will McElvain, former UNI QB, is their starting QB.
    Enough said. NDSU owns him; we will break him like Drago did to Creed.


  8. #8
    BisonHorns's Avatar
    BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,892

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Are they the only state with a silent s at the end on their name? What kind of shenanigans is this?
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    10,840

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    They are one of three Bear mascots the Bison will play this year. So we got that going for us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Fargo
    Posts
    9,391

    Default Re: 2023 game 3 preview: Central Arkansas

    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    They are one of three Bear mascots the Bison will play this year. So we got that going for us.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unoriginal bitches.

    On the real, they played OK St pretty tough. I’m interested to see how this goes…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •