Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    My wife and I go to lots of concerts so I've been to a few shows where females greatly outnumber the males and sometimes ladies just announce they are coming into the men's room on their own.
    Oh, my! Good thing they announce themselves so men can be prepared. I had not realized the bathroom situation was so dire.

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Nobody wants to see AC/DC with Axle Rose as front man. LOL
    Good catch If you remember, Axl filled in for part of the last tour.

Brian Johnson or bust

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Oh, my! Good thing they announce themselves so men can be prepared. I had not realized the bathroom situation was so dire.
    At the Pink concert this summer, they converted at least one mens room to a womens room so they had a few extra stalls. I guess when your bladder is about to burst desperate times call for desperate measures.
    It's OK to not be OK.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    AKBison doesn't live in Fargo so he can't vote. He obviously has no idea what he is talking about when he says but locking ourselves into a facility that is obsolete and will continue to be despite the renovations doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for a university with FBS aspirations.

We arent locking ourselves into anything. The City of Fargo owns the dome and NDSU rents and doesnt have a long term lease. Infact the city of Fargo has a 99 year lease to use NDSU property. The dome and city is responsible for upgrades

Although if we have FBS aspirations, the dome rennovation is a must

1) The only way we can raise substantial revenue for the FBS is to expand premium seating and club seating, that we don't currently have. We will generate more revenue through increased food and drink sales

2) With declining attendance, FBS Conferences cant be too impressed right now seing empty seats and a declining atmosphere

3) Perception. The entrance of the Fargodome looks like Mills Fleetfarm. We need something grand that has some wow factor

The Dome might be owned by the city but as you already said, it is on campus. Take off your Fargo colored glasses, the Dome is not and will not be an FBS facility with this renovation. I've already said this multiple times, but if NDSU moved today it would have the third smallest stadium only beating out Sam Houston and Kennesaw State. Both of those schools have expansion plans, which would put us dead last. The expansion is supposed to add 1100 or so premium seats which is great. However, why do keep saying those 1100 nose bleed seats are going to solve NDSU's NIL and future FBS funding? Hint: They won't. If you want to sell a yes vote as being good for the city of Fargo I'll bite. However, please stop with the crap with how great a yes vote would be for the future of an FBS bound NDSU. It's bullshit and gaslighting at its finest.
    Last edited by AKBison; 11-22-2023 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The Dome might be owned by the city but as you already said, it is on campus. Take off your Fargo colored glasses, the Dome is not and will not be an FBS facility with this renovation. I've already said this multiple times, but if NDSU moved today it would have the third smallest stadium only beating out Sam Houston and Kennesaw State. Both of those schools have expansion plans, which would put us dead last. The expansion is supposed to add 1100 or so premium seats which is great. However, why do keep saying those 1100 nose bleed seats are going to solve NDSU's NIL and future FBS funding? Hint: They won't. If you want to sell a yes vote as being good for the city of Fargo I'll bite. However, please stop with the crap with how great a yes vote would be for the future of an FBS bound NDSU. It's bullshit and gaslighting at its finest.
    We are not in a race for the biggest stadium. I dont care if we would be 3ed to the last. Im more concerned with having a facility that meets our needs for now and in the future.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Are you real? (Insert plane lady)
    Either you’ve never been on the internet before or you are tatanka trolling us
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    At the Pink concert this summer, they converted at least one mens room to a womens room so they had a few extra stalls. I guess when your bladder is about to burst desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Remember the Garth Brooks show when a chick had to pee so bad, she went into the mens and was ejected?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-restroom.html

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I'm Bison first and Fargo second. But both are important to me because unlike you, I pay taxes in Fargo. I can't even count the number of times I've been in the building. I've seen some of my favorite concerts ever in the dome. Paul McCartney, Metallica, AC/DC and Prince. My wifes 2 favorite concerts ever was there too... Taylor Swift and Justin Timberlake. Had some great memories with my kids at Monster Jam, WWE and Disney on Ice.

The dome will never be a Power 5 venue but when it's packed, it's as good of an atmosphere I've seen. The G5 is likely where we are headed and these rennovations are more than adequate for that level. It addresses all the revenue issues, like having no club seating. Do you ever wonder why Teammakers is pushing this? But even if we never move up, we must have the best homefield in the FCS. This is how we do it

If we run out of room, we can build an outdoor stadium. But I guarantee Fargo wont pay for it. If we're lucky, we could vote to renew the Fargodome tax when it's paid off a decade early like last time

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Are you real? (Insert plane lady)
    Either you’ve never been on the internet before or you are tatanka trolling us
    I am befuddled. I have certainly been in the FARGODOME many times, a few concerts, many events, some Bison games and whatnot. I know that there have been times that the line to the ladies room was long but was not aware that women were invading the men's rooms (out of necessity and desperation). I just expressed some surprise finding that out. I am NOT anyone other than who I am. A female NDSU alumna. Live in Fargo. A basic human being with the patience of Job. (and you are testing it, buddy). Not a troll.

I am befuddled. I have certainly been in the FARGODOME many times, a few concerts, many events, some Bison games and whatnot. I know that there have been times that the line to the ladies room was long but was not aware that women were invading the men's rooms (out of necessity and desperation). I just expressed some surprise finding that out. I am NOT anyone other than who I am. A female NDSU alumna. Live in Fargo. A basic human being with the patience of Job. Not a troll.
    And by the way, "Job" is from the Bible. His story is inspiring and is how I live my life. Maybe you could read up on Job and it will teach you to be grateful for what you have.