Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

I’d like to state, for the record, that my VERY REASONABLE non-negotiables have not been met, and so as of right now, unless something changes about the opposition’s unwillingness to acquiesce to VERY REASONABLE requests, this match won’t happen.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    I'm aggressive, but gentle at the same time. I'll even respect you in the morning.
    Comforting though that may be couldn't I just get one of those press tags?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I'm confused. Didn't Denis keep his driver with the rest of his golf clubs in the trunk?
    Turns out the Denis was trying to carry 15. We were grateful to that lovely officer for alerting us to this brazen rules violation although, admittedly, it was not helpful for our concentration during the round.
    Don't believe everything you think.

The City of Fargo often puts reminders on the NEXTDOOR app. They did a reminder about the December 5th vote a few days ago, so that should also help get out the vote. Some of the posters are responding they will vote no but a few of us are putting out some reasons why we think a YES vote is best. Time will tell. 15 days left.
    People that chronically whine online don't vote. It's the far left and far right who are loud. Half are troll accounts. They are idealogues who live in utopian world where we have dirt roads and no taxes or they are the super woke who think its a conspiracy by the rich.
    Or they are super broke ass people who are bitter about life and blame the government for their problems.

It's about a good NDSU turnout in a low turnout election. Gotta excite people to vote on this because the average person doesnt vote in a regular election, much less a special election. The average yes vote isnt passionate enough to fill social media pages with comments

Do you what motivates me? The fact SDSU and USD have gotten stadium upgrades in the last 5 years and have overtaken us

The Alerus just passed upgrades

Now UNI is now doing a 50 million dollar upgrade to the UNI dome

Meanwhile some Bison fans are missing the big picture. The college landscape has changed dramatically and it's going to get much harder to recruit and compete vs NIL. Every edge is huge, including having a modern stadium packed with fans to generate revenue. I don't want to see the dynasty end and if we choose to move up, we cant' have a 2nd tier outdated stadium, incapable of generating revenue.

End rant
    Last edited by HerdBot; 11-21-2023 at 01:53 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

LefseBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People that chronically whine online don't vote. It's the far left and far right who are loud. Half are troll accounts. They are idealogues who live in utopian world where we have dirt roads and no taxes or they are the super woke who think its a conspiracy by the rich.
    Or they are super broke ass people who are bitter about life and blame the government for their problems.

It's about a good NDSU turnout in a low turnout election. Gotta excite people to vote on this because the average person doesnt vote in a regular election, much less a special election. The average yes vote isnt passionate enough to fill social media pages with comments

Do you what motivates me? The fact SDSU and USD have gotten stadium upgrades in the last 5 years and have overtaken us

The Alerus just passed upgrades

Now UNI is now doing a 50 million dollar upgrade to the UNI dome

Meanwhile some Bison fans are missing the big picture. The college landscape has changed dramatically and it's going to get much harder to recruit and compete vs NIL. Every edge is huge, including having a modern stadium packed with fans to generate revenue. I don't want to see the dynasty end and if we choose to move up, we cant' have a 2nd tier outdated stadium, incapable of generating revenue.

End rant
    I think you really nailed it. They hear the word "tax" and they shut down and think it is inherently evil to be taxed. When pointed out it is 25 cents for $100 of allowable taxed purchases, they find more excuses. When pointed out that we are missing out on upwards of 60 conventions a year, with millions left on the table, different excuses. A few think the vote is just for Bison football. I am just sick about being left behind with other universities and towns getting new stadiums. Like or not, we have to spend money to stay competitive. I personally find the 0.25% tax manageable and should not make a dent in our budget. I can't speak for others but we are a hard YES vote in this household.

People need to know this - money that is spent in Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo due to conventions, better fan experience and concerts and so forth CIRCULATES throughout the community and does affect us all. Basic economics 101.

BigHorns is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

People need to know this - money that is spent in Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo due to conventions, better fan experience and concerts and so forth CIRCULATES throughout the community and does affect us all. Basic economics 101.
    Yep. Not sure people outside Fargo understand how important the convention center is, or even some in Fargo.

These are relatively low burden taxes, and a lot of it will come from visitors attending the events.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Not pulling your leg. It was there. Putting it in the Water Bill notice means it gets mailed to nearly every Fargo household.
    Our water bill is sent to our email and 55 percent of household are renters and I would guess at least 40% of households are in apartment buildings where they don't get individual water bills.
    Last edited by Hammerhead; 11-21-2023 at 04:08 PM.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Recieved a Vote yes insert with Fargo Water Bill today.
    I just got my mailed water bill. Yes, there is a large insert but it just says HEY FARGO! VOTE DECEMBER 5TH! There is a comprehensive list of voting locations, absentee ballot information and an explanation (not taking sides) of what a YES vote means and what a NO vote means. And then refers to FARGOND.gov/VoteDec5. So it is neutral but good to have this reminder sent to many Fargoans so they will get out en mass and vote. I am pumped to vote! We are voting at the FARGODOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Our water bill is sent to our email and 55 percent of household are renters and I would guess at least 40% of households are in apartment buildings where they don't get individual water bills.
    Still a good way to get the word out, without spending a bunch of extra money on postage or delivery.

Still a good way to get the word out, without spending a bunch of extra money on postage or delivery.
    absolutely true. The insert is a full 8 x 11 sheet with bright yellow colors and black. You cannot miss it.