Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    Won't pass, IMO. I know not one person voting yes, their reason location of the Convention center, I'm starting to think if they just asked for Dome expansion and leave out the convention center it may have had a better chance.

We will see
    There it is!!! Just call off the vote then...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    NDSU owns pretty much everything from ndsu to county 20 with the exception of the airport. And over to 29 and across 29 at 19th avenue.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Here ya go. Parcel by parcel.

https://cass-county-hub-casscountynd...99ba67/explore
    Don't believe everything you think.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Boise State consistently pulls in 30k+ attendance, they had 35,610 in attendance for UN_ this year. When we move up there will be more interest in playing the Boise State's of college football. Boise population is around 240k. Fargo metro projections for 2050 say 340k. Our current guests to the Fargodome are beyond boring, we will move up. And interest in Bison football will move up as well. Keep your powder dry for this eventuality.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't have as much of a feel for this FBS moving up crap as you guys do but I have 70 plus years in Fargo, and I tell you this: We are progressive in Fargo but we are not big risk takers as a city, and I feel this whole FBS stuff may be economically scary. At the least the FARGODOME was billed as a multiuse facility with entertainment plus football so we had that to fall back on but with a huge football-only facility which could very well flop if we don't have a successful program, then we are stuck. It seems the pro-FBS crowd is laying out all of these hoops that we have to jump through and painting them as successful. If one of them fails, we are screwed. So what if Boise is drawing 30K in attendance? Don't cherry pick various and sundry towns. We have to get the FARGODOME fixed up. Maybe the convention center is for another time but the amenities/easing congestion part of the DOME has to be dealt with. Sooner the better.

And for Fargo people who are voting YES, please don't let the negative polls discourage you. Like Churchill, I never, ever, ever give up, and we have to get out and vote December 5th.

For the current vote, we have people balking at a 1/4 cent sales tax increase and upset about the lodging tax even though they are LOCALS! I tend to be a positive, team-player, community-driven person and I am just devastated that people can't pull together and vote this in. I understand that many people are struggling but I would hope this would not be a deal-breaker. Maybe there is some underlying anger at the DOME or Fargo leaders. The FARGODOME is exceptionally well-run and has never, ever dipped in Fargo's General Fund. Consistently turned a profit except for COVID era and that would be understandable.

So is there a last minute media push to show the positives in a 30 second or less advertisement? Simplify the equation for the fear mongers, explain the ramifications of a no vote. I live near Sioux Falls and their convention business is through the roof. Fargo is losing big time and the dome is starting to be an ancient dinosaur. I am not entirely happy with the options included or not included in the expansion plan, but then realize it's way past due to get something done. I am willing to pay my share as a lodging visitor during Bison games and concerts. Those who will vote no are not really part of the community and are being selfish over a very small tax increase compared to the benefits for growth and opportunity in the area. Good luck. Wish I could vote!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    For the current vote, we have people balking at a 1/4 cent sales tax increase and upset about the lodging tax even though they are LOCALS! I tend to be a positive, team-player, community-driven person and I am just devastated that people can't pull together and vote this in. I understand that many people are struggling but I would hope this would not be a deal-breaker. Maybe there is some underlying anger at the DOME or Fargo leaders. The FARGODOME is exceptionally well-run and has never, ever dipped in Fargo's General Fund. Consistently turned a profit except for COVID era and that would be understandable.
    Thanks, that's good info that I'm not so sure everyone is aware of?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    How much of the proposed changes be funded with the Fargodome reserve? 30-40 million of reserve money can go along ways to getting new bathrooms, conference area, west side changes. I don't think anyone has an issue with this. the Fargodome is actually getting lost in the shuffle with the vote. Conference Center at NDSU? Idk if a good idea or not. But those that view it negatively are also being dome the benefit of Fargodome changes that the money exists already.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So is there a last minute media push to show the positives in a 30 second or less advertisement? Simplify the equation for the fear mongers, explain the ramifications of a no vote. I live near Sioux Falls and their convention business is through the roof. Fargo is losing big time and the dome is starting to be an ancient dinosaur. I am not entirely happy with the options included or not included in the expansion plan, but then realize it's way past due to get something done. I am willing to pay my share as a lodging visitor during Bison games and concerts. Those who will vote no are not really part of the community and are being selfish over a very small tax increase compared to the benefits for growth and opportunity in the area. Good luck. Wish I could vote!
    Thank you, I need some positive comments and yours fit the bill. I am sure the CVB in Fargo knows about all of these towns which have true convention centers and are doing well. I wish the messaging was more bullet-point. I know the whole DOME proposal is complicated and heavily nuanced and some people want things in black and white. Life just is not that way.

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    You are a normal person and reasonable, too. If you are a Fargo person or even if not, I would STRONGLY advise if you have time Googling FARGODOME Reimagined. There is a good amount of clear, concise information on there, especially the QA part. Also, there is a separate video by the same name FARGODOME Reimagined. It is 16 minutes long and absolutely WORTH your time to watch it. The video really helps make the whole voting proposal crystal clear, there are excellent interviews with people involved in the project, and I cannot say enough good about it. It is in the website and video probably too that they point out that the FARGODOME has never had to dip into Fargo's General Fund. They have been able to do a lot of improvements to the DOME and STILL have a reserve fund of about 40 million. I am doing this all from memory. But please watch the video and look at website if you have time. Thanks.