Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Oh please. BIG FARGO INCOME, BIG HIGH-EDUCATED JOBS. We live across the street from a trailer park, downwind from the water treatment plant (sewer smell) and when we threw our yard refuse in the recycling plant, I spotted a couple of tomatoes in the dumpster and I pulled them out for dinner. Not everyone is rich like you FARMERS.
    Mama has a quarter of land south of wheatland eh. You started it. And then you just through down some more Imperial Cass thinking with your last sentence. Keep on justifying it gal! I wouldn't even have to ask where you're from. It would just be no.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

My dog probably wouldn't like you either. She's a great judge of character.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    You don't think I ask where you're from? And you don't think you'd pipe your shoulders up and say Fargo? Lol. You're fucking rights I'd tell you no just for that reason eh. And have before.
    This sounds like a scene from Letterkenny. Not any specific one, but pretty much all of them.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    You just supported my prior statement. Non-Fargo residents have a dog in this fight because they contribute heavily to the lodging tax and buying other things that will have the added sales tax. Every Fargo resident and every person that spends their "play" money in Fargo has a dog in the fight.
    They have no dog in the fight. They use our facility and dont pay for it. They dont have to shop here or go to Bison games. They could go to Moorhead or West Fargo to shop where the sales tax will still be higher if this passes. The hotels in Moorhead and West Fargo will be 3% lower so they could save 3 bucks on a $100 hotel

But if anyone truly cant afford this, they shouldn't be spending anything on entertainment. I mean 1/4 of 1 cent costs a quarter more on $100 and it's capped at $2,500

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Because the city owns it and the public is the city. Same reason the public pays for things like libraries, parks, trails, parking ramps, Fargo Civic, schools, and airports

Heck why should the taxpayers fund NDSU Football and UND Hockey? Same argument

In a utopian world, we dont fund things and Fargo runs like a small town in rural North Dakota

Fargo pre Fargodome kind of sucked from an entertainment aspect. It was similar to Dickinson or Minot now. Kind of shitty. Nothing cool ever came here
    Great the general public have to pay for the select few rich people to have their own bathrooms.. while the rest of the crowds have to wait in the hour long lines. So these upgrades for bathrooms in return do not do sheet except for the beautiful people. The rest of that work hard pay for a bunch of facilities that will never be used. These upgrades are 100% per crap.

If they would have showed me more bathrooms for the common folks and more bathrooms on the floor, I could see it . But a wasting space for a conference center and upgrading an area for those with millions of dollars makes no sense. HAve those beutiful ppl pay for these upgrades since they are the only ones this helps.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Great the general public have to pay for the select few rich people to have their own bathrooms.. while the rest of the crowds have to wait in the hour long lines. So these upgrades for bathrooms in return do not do sheet except for the beautiful people. The rest of that work hard pay for a bunch of facilities that will never be used. These upgrades are 100% per crap.

If they would have showed me more bathrooms for the common folks and more bathrooms on the floor, I could see it . But a wasting space for a conference center and upgrading an area for those with millions of dollars makes no sense. HAve those beutiful ppl pay for these upgrades since they are the only ones this helps.
    Misinformation is getting out of hand. The plans increase women's bathroom stalls from 134 to 262, men's from 133 to 190, and family restrooms from 3 to 7. These will be spread out throughout the building.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post

You are either trolling or you didnt read the plans because your comments are laughably inaccurate. I might blame that on the campaign because they clearly arent explaining it well

They are adding a shit ton of restrooms for everyone. It's going from 267 to 452 and going from 3 to 7 family bathrooms. Very few of those are on the 3rd level.

There will be brand new bathrooms on the north, south, SE, west and east concourse level. They are even adding a few on the floor level (for concerts).

They are also upgrading existing bathrooms and want to reconfigure the east side addition so it can be used during the games. And it will be easier to get to them with the addrd concourse space

The west side addition expands the concourse the full length of the dome and covers 3 levels, including accessible seating for wheelchairs on the top floor. So it wont just be rich people in the club area. It will be for peasants with wheelchairs and peg legs. We have to get Americsn Disability Act compliant soon or they will force us to it. If we dont pass this, ADA upgrades will have to come out of the general fund

As far as the conference center "never being used", the Bismarck Conference Center was booked 310 days last year. That's just the conference center, not the arena or Belle Haus Theatre that make up the entire complex

Next week the conference center is used every day but 1. Its used 11 times from Oct 14-31

The whole complex has multiple events virtually every day.

They cant use the hotel tax just to remodel the dome. ND state law says it has to be used for things that drive tourism. Thats where the conference center comes in and it ties in with the dome. HUGE economic driver that will compete with Bismarck, Grand Forks, St Cloud and Sioux Falls
    Last edited by HerdBot; 10-14-2023 at 12:56 PM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    please tell me they are smart enough to do a Skywalk from SHAC to New SouthEast Corner of the Dome.
    It's in the plans but they will likely wait for the hotel to be built first. That way they can connect all 3. By connecting to the SHAC and hotel, it will give us a crazy unique venue and it will really help basketball and the dome. When it's -20, fans can drive to the hotel and park in a heated underground parking garage. Check into the hotel and them walk to the SHAC, Conference Center or Dome without ever experiencing the -20. Recruits will appreciate it too. The hotel will be packed year round.

It would also allow for some huge events by utilizing all 3 venues at once

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You are either trolling or you didnt read the plans because your comments are laughably inaccurate. I might blame that on the campaign because they clearly arent explaining it well

They are adding a shit ton of restrooms for everyone. It's going from 267 to 452 and going from 3 to 7 family bathrooms. Very few of those are on the 3rd level.

There will be brand new bathrooms on the north, south, SE, west and east concourse level. They are even adding a few on the floor level (for concerts).

They are also upgrading existing bathrooms and want to reconfigure the east side addition so it can be used during the games. And it will be easier to get to them with the addrd concourse space

The west side addition expands the concourse the full length of the dome and covers 3 levels, including accessible seating for wheelchairs on the top floor. So it wont just be rich people in the club area. It will be for peasants with wheelchairs and peg legs. We have to get Americsn Disability Act compliant soon or they will force us to it. If we dont pass this, ADA upgrades will have to come out of the general fund

As far as the conference center "never being used", the Bismarck Conference Center was booked 310 days last year. That's just the conference center, not the arena or Belle Haus Theatre that make up the entire complex

Next week the conference center is used every day but 1. Its used 11 times from Oct 14-31

The whole complex has multiple events virtually every day.

They cant use the hotel tax just to remodel the dome. ND state law says it has to be used for things that drive tourism. Thats where the conference center comes in and it ties in with the dome. HUGE economic driver that will compete with Bismarck, Grand Forks, St Cloud and Sioux Falls
    I don't want to sound bossy but you have a concise and clear way of presenting arguments for a "yes" vote. I hope you would consider writing a letter to the editor. The various groups that are promoting this need to sit down and work on a better strategy so they are all working together with a clear message. The message is not as clear and hard-hitting (for lack of a better word) as I would like.