Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    North Dakota and cities in ND do NOT charge "sales tax" on motor vehicle purchases. Instead, there is an excise tax of 5%. Individual cities that levy a sales tax get nothing on motor vehicle sales.

Below is copied from the ND website:

The sales of licensed motor vehicles, including trailers and semi-trailers, are subject to a motor vehicle excise tax instead of state and local sales taxes. Vehicles required to be registered in North Dakota must pay a motor vehicle excise tax on the purchase price (sales price less any trade-in amount), or on the fair market value of the vehicle, if not acquired through a purchase. These taxes are remitted to the North Dakota Department of Transportation upon vehicle registration.

Tax Rate: 5% tax on vehicle purchase price or fair market value of vehicle
    Road is 100% correct....the dirty little secret on the differentiation between sales tax and excise tax.....sales tax can only be charged once when "goods" change hands. Cars have an excise tax that can and is charged every time that you sell and register. You buy a $5000 entertainment center and you pay sales tax once....you sell that entertainment center to your neighbor and no sales tax is charged. You buy a $5000 car you pay 5%; you sell that car to your neighbor he pays 5% on the price, and so on, and so on.......

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yeah.... Let's paint the red seats.... Make it happen engineers!
    A "painting bee."

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Paint-a-thon next Spring.

Have everyone bring two cans of this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ole...6989/326635222

What is there is a plan to replace the seats but they know if it was part of the public proposal people would be pissed about the unnecessary expense and wonder why they are spending money to make the Fargodome an NDSU facility and would vote no because of it??

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    What is there is a plan to replace the seats but they know if it was part of the public proposal people would be pissed about the unnecessary expense and wonder why they are spending money to make the Fargodome an NDSU facility and would vote no because of it??
    I hope you're right, but it could backfire on them. I considered voting no because replacing the seats is NOT included in the proposal. For me, replacing seats should be one of the top line items for refurbishing the dome.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison green seats are a bad idea imo. The atmosphere at Code Green games is always dead. Too dark. Blue is a neutral color that fits with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    I hope you're right, but it could backfire on them. I considered voting no because replacing the seats is NOT included in the proposal. For me, replacing seats should be one of the top line items for refurbishing the dome.
    There isnt anything the matter Functionally with the seats. It would be a waste of money.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It would be nice to bring an extra 100,000 people to town every year instead of Grand Forks, Bismarck, St Cloud or Sioux Falls. Heck I would be happy if we could steal a Chris Stapleton concert from the Alerus. He's been there twice in the last 2 years. 0 times in Fargo

Yep future recruits and students would have a better impression if it looked like this...

But 2 cents on an 11 dollar purchase or $6.25 on a new house is a back breaker for some

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Basically every time I come to the Fargodome I spend a night in Fargo at a hotel and don't mind seeing a hotel tax pay for it. Find it funny that people in Fargo wouldn't vote yes for it but I have no say. People's opinions on tax dollars are hilarious to me.

Lardsin must go!

Jim Shaw weighs in.

Shaw: Yes to the Fargodome project https://www.inforum.com/opinion/colu...godome-project