Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Pickleball feels like giant ping pong games for people who can't play tennis.
    I suspect they also can’t play ping pong.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    I chose "they" in the singular sense so as to not assume.

And you'd have my head on a pike if I called you "it".
    I don't take myself seriously. There are only 2 genders in my world. I am very "thick-skinned" and hardly anything bothers me (unless the December 5th vote doesn't pass).

When I think of the pickleball crowd, I think of its cruise ship equivalent - shuffleboard.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Grand Forks passed their $100 million dollar Alerus Center indoor activities project today with 67% yes. It's a 3/4 cent tax. Huge indoor turf (bigger than UNDs High Performance Center). A competition pool, similar to the one in West Fargo. Indoor pickleball. Makes the Alerus Center a destination and quickly evens Fargo's short term advantage. They can host 2 indoor football games, simultaneously
    The vote was to extend an existing sales tax. Right or wrong, there is a difference in the mind of the voting public. Grand Forks will also be losing their only competition pool and there is a lack of indoor facilities with UND's high performance center being one of the only options and with the Hyslop coming down, options will be even more limited. To your point, will add the ability to host youth tournaments that they are currently missing out on.

I have a letter to the editor being worked on. It is hard to believe the vote is 19 days away!

I swear Grand Forks can pass anything if they just mention getting something before Fargo, or Fargo has it, etc. Then there is Fargo...we even have Bison fans want to vote stuff down because we can't have A, because we want B. I think it is a no-brainer and needs to pass, but I don't think it will. They just need to market this against Grand Forks and get some extra votes.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I swear Grand Forks can pass anything if they just mention getting something before Fargo, or Fargo has it, etc. Then there is Fargo...we even have Bison fans want to vote stuff down because we can't have A, because we want B. I think it is a no-brainer and needs to pass, but I don't think it will. They just need to market this against Grand Forks and get some extra votes.
    Sure wish I could vote. Seriously, if you vote against it because it is imperfect, you are not seeing clearly. Everything like this has compromises, and this is the proposal that folsk could agree on to move forward. That makes it a sure yes vote; otherwise, you get nothing, and set the program back. When government functions correctly, no one gets everything they want.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Sure wish I could vote. Seriously, if you vote against it because it is imperfect, you are not seeing clearly. Everything like this has compromises, and this is the proposal that folsk could agree on to move forward. That makes it a sure yes vote; otherwise, you get nothing, and set the program back. When government functions correctly, no one gets everything they want.
    It would be difficult for me to be more in agreement with this entire post. Sadly, I can't vote either.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    'Tis the nature of politics the last 20 years, and it is sad.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

F all of you taking shots at pickleball. It's fantastic and I'm not even 50!
    Get your BB tickets now!!!