Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    $30 Million from the dome's reserve fund would go to the expansion. https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.co...-football.aspx I think the Fargodome's reserve funds are somewhere between $40M and $50M.
    I think this is correct, they would pay it up front, but it sounds like part of the tax increase would go to building the Dome Reserve fund back up.

https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/h...erage-resident
    some of the planned tax revenue is earmarked to replenish the Fargodome’s savings account

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    I think this is correct, they would pay it up front, but it sounds like part of the tax increase would go to building the Dome Reserve fund back up.

https://www.inforum.com/news/fargo/h...erage-resident
    So the dome has no skin in this

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wife and I are definitely voting NO. Can't wait for this to go down in flames. Doesn't benefit NDSU enough for the cost IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Wife and I are definitely voting NO. Can't wait for this to go down in flames. Doesn't benefit NDSU enough for the cost IMO.
    Do you attend any events other than football games? I'm all for more room for concourses and concessions since it's just about impossible to move around unless you get to an event an hour early.
    It's OK to not be OK.

What would you like to see and what's an appropriate amount?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    What would you like to see and what's an appropriate amount?
    Anything less than a new stadium will be a no for me and that will probably never happen.

[QUOTE=heckler;1636456]Wife and I are definitely voting NO. Can't wait for this to go down in flames. Doesn't benefit NDSU enough for the cost IMO.[/

Anything less than a new stadium will be a no for me and that will probably never happen.
    And how do you propose paying for s new dome?

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Tony Gehrig discussed on his radio show yesterday the dome plan. He's anti tax everything. Interesting point he made that I had not heard or considered. The new tax is based on $140 million of new borrowing. I though the dome was contributing a portion of their reserve, this is not part of it. So the dome has no skin in this project. With financing at 6% range, total cost with interest carry is $340 million before cost overruns and changes.
    Whenever I hear the name Tony Gehrig, I do the exact opposite of what he is supporting. If he had his way, the new Fargo City Hall would have been a Morton tin shed. For the love of Mike, good grief.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Nope. 60%

I really dont put a lot of stock into web polls. In this culture, some uber conservative Facebook personalities share it to their page and then all their followers comment and vote, skewing the numbers

I saw this last election cycle when web polls said Cara Mund would win and she got like 20% of the vote.
    Cara Mund. Geeze, I had forgotten all about her. What a doll.