Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We have sold out 3 games since 2019. It's a trend. Even if we start selling out again, we cant generate revenue without club seats without huge ticket price spikes. We are the only stadium in the conference without club seats. It's ridiculous

We are adding capacity... but not seats. But we cant shut the dome down for 2 years to add significant seats

Were not really dropping 140. It's 50 for the convention center, all paid by outside visitors. Lodging tax cant be used for improvements

So it's 90 million. 30 from the surplus. 60 being spent

But i feel the same way you do about the dome being inept. Its far from perfect but I dont want the perfect to be the enemy of the good
    Yes we need club seats, but I think it’s a huge mistake to not spend more $$ to add another 2-3k seats. You’re a fool if you don’t think we’ll sell out more and more if/when FBS hits. We fricken sold out the dome for 9 years straight playing Indiana state. To think “no one will ever be excited about NDSU football as we were to play Indiana state in 2014” is probably not a good strategy. They knew this when they built the dome- room to grow, and now we’re paying 140$ for some excellent bathrooms, a few food stalls and 8-9 more suites.
    If I lived in Fargo, I’d vote for it! But I am disappointed and completely not shocked that this is a band aid on a bullet wound
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

No seating expansion is a net loss in my mind.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Stop doing that. Instead, throw them and all of your other spare change in a container. I use an empty peanut butter jar. At the end of the year take it to a change counter at the bank and then give the dollars you get back to the Green and the Gold Collective. Or Teamakers.

You'll be surprised how much is in there. I usually end up with about $300
    Great idea. Pennies are annoying but the rest can add up! Thanks for the tip on Green and Gold. I am really excited about this and crunching my numbers as soon as I can get my focus off of today's vote.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    $.25 for $100 purchase. A quarter.

The investment will largely pay for itself.
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We are adding capacity... but not seats. But we cant shut the dome down for 2 years to add significant seats
    Again for those who are voting no or negative about this because of no-added seats. For the LAST TIME, please see above.

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    No seating expansion is a net loss in my mind.
    I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. 'Sellouts' are good. They produce future sellouts. If seats are abundant, there's no reason to buy tickets ahead of time, resulting in empty seats. For those that think we'll automatically fill 5000 more seats simply by becoming FBS....that ain't happening. Core crowd will be the same faces. Very few more. Some may even lose interest if we're not kicking ass every Saturday?

People keep forgetting that this isnt about NDSU football. Its about Fargo. The cost of adding just a few hundred to a thousand seats will not pay for itself.
    Granted the toilet and need bigger concourse people should be happy.

plus you never want to have excess seats. Excess seats dont create demand or pay for themselves..
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, but I disagree. 'Sellouts' are good. They produce future sellouts. If seats are abundant, there's no reason to buy tickets ahead of time, resulting in empty seats. For those that think we'll automatically fill 5000 more seats simply by becoming FBS....that ain't happening. Core crowd will be the same faces. Very few more. Some may even lose interest if we're not kicking ass every Saturday?
    Correct. Thats Chapo math.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Again for those who are voting no or negative about this because of no-added seats. For the LAST TIME, please see above.
    Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    I’m Not voting no. Yes you could shut down a full sideline of fargodome for 2 years lol. We average like 12k a game right now, and we won’t be moving up in the next two years- it’s literally the perfect time to to do intense renos inside the dome. You can’t simultaneously say “there’s no demand for more seats” and then say “there’s too much demand to temporarily lose some seats!”

And surely you’re not suggesting that playing good opponents has nothing to do with demand? I must simply be imagining the direct correlation to high attendance and quality opponents. To say demand for seats will never increase with increased FM area and better competition is one of the stupidest economic tales I’ve ever heard. Yikes dood
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Polls close in 50 minutes. No wait at the Fargodome

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com