Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    And its only 25 cents for every $100 you spend. So $2.50 every $1,000 you spend. Small price to pay for much needed upgrades.
    That's what everyone in the history of taxes has said about every tax increase in history... In my and many others minds, the sales tax in Fargo is already too high and the lodging tax definitely doesn't need to be any higher. On the other hand the dome desperately needs refurbishing even though, as Mankato said, I think we could get a much better redesign than what's been proposed. All in all, it's quite a dilemma and though I'm not a voter up there any longer, my parents and quite a few other family and friends still are and talking to most of them they feel about the same way. I think 60% is going to be a tough hill to climb for what many see as not enough improvement for the money. But then again, who in the world thought Arlette Preston would resurface successfully back in Fargo politics, Fargoans are voting for a lot of crazy lately so maybe this does squeak through.

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    A few things I would like to comment on.
    First of all, I am not affiliated with any FARGODOME committees or staff, etc. Not an expert on this. Just a regular person.
    Because the FARGODOME is not JUST Bison football, the DOME really encompasses much more than that as it owned by the City of Fargo and has many, many more events than just Bison football. I am sure you know that but your focus seems to be on the football aspect. I also wish that the seats could be painted another color and I am not sure if any color changes are part of the plan. I also know others wish the seating could be increased but I am hearing that there would not be an increase in seating.
    The $140 million is a huge amount but it also involves a convention center, a new west entrance, more tailgating space as well as many, many other things.

I just wanted to mention this.

A really good website and 16-minute video is listed at FARGODOME Reimagined. If you have time, I would suggest you look at it, as it answered many of my own questions. Even if you cannot vote (guessing you are from Mankato?) it is still a good idea to look at the big picture on all of this and the video/website are just excellent sources of information.
    I have watched that video, and it’s good. I like all the stadium additions etc, but I personally don’t give 2 craps about a convention center or extra tailgating. And I’ll likely never have the cash to sit in a suite. If history shows us anything, the next meaningful renovation the done will receive after this is in another 20 years. We’ve sold out nearly 80% of our games over the last 13 years lol and we’re dropping 140$M and not adding a single seat. I want this to pass, ONLY because the city and dome authority have shown that they are completely inept at forcing the issue of some improvement, and I’m worried of this doesn’t pass, the dome won’t be improved for another 10 years.

And of course I’m Bison football focused on this, because NDSU is the primary tenant. The dome would shut down in 30 seconds if NDSU left.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I have watched that video, and it’s good. I like all the stadium additions etc, but I personally don’t give 2 craps about a convention center or extra tailgating. And I’ll likely never have the cash to sit in a suite. If history shows us anything, the next meaningful renovation the done will receive after this is in another 20 years. We’ve sold out nearly 80% of our games over the last 13 years lol and we’re dropping 140$M and not adding a single seat. I want this to pass, ONLY because the city and dome authority have shown that they are completely inept at forcing the issue of some improvement, and I’m worried of this doesn’t pass, the dome won’t be improved for another 10 years.

And of course I’m Bison football focused on this, because NDSU is the primary tenant. The dome would shut down in 30 seconds if NDSU left.
    We have sold out 3 games since 2019. It's a trend. Even if we start selling out again, we cant generate revenue without club seats without huge ticket price spikes. We are the only stadium in the conference without club seats. It's ridiculous

We are adding capacity... but not seats. But we cant shut the dome down for 2 years to add significant seats

Were not really dropping 140. It's 50 for the convention center, all paid by outside visitors. Lodging tax cant be used for improvements

So it's 90 million. 30 from the surplus. 60 being spent

But i feel the same way you do about the dome being inept. Its far from perfect but I dont want the perfect to be the enemy of the good

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    That's what everyone in the history of taxes has said about every tax increase in history... In my and many others minds, the sales tax in Fargo is already too high and the lodging tax definitely doesn't need to be any higher. On the other hand the dome desperately needs refurbishing even though, as Mankato said, I think we could get a much better redesign than what's been proposed. All in all, it's quite a dilemma and though I'm not a voter up there any longer, my parents and quite a few other family and friends still are and talking to most of them they feel about the same way. I think 60% is going to be a tough hill to climb for what many see as not enough improvement for the money. But then again, who in the world thought Arlette Preston would resurface successfully back in Fargo politics, Fargoans are voting for a lot of crazy lately so maybe this does squeak through.
    For perspective, even if this passes, Fargo's sales tax will STILL be lower than the surrounding two towns of West Fargo and Moorhead.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    $.25 for $100 purchase. A quarter.

I throw quarters in the garbage so I don’t have to hear them jingling in my pocket.

The investment will largely pay for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We have sold out 3 games since 2019. It's a trend. Even if we start selling out again, we cant generate revenue without club seats without huge ticket price spikes. We are the only stadium in the conference without club seats. It's ridiculous

We are adding capacity... but not seats. But we cant shut the dome down for 2 years to add significant seats

Were not really dropping 140. It's 50 for the convention center, all paid by outside visitors. Lodging tax cant be used for improvements

So it's 90 million. 30 from the surplus. 60 being spent

But i feel the same way you do about the dome being inept. Its far from perfect but I dont want the perfect to be the enemy of the good
    The surplus gets paid back to the dome through the tax increase correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    The surplus gets paid back to the dome through the tax increase correct?
    That is correct. The projections are so low and conservative, it will probably be paid off in 8 years like the original Fargodome tax. They are budgeting for 1% growth when weve been averaging 6-8%

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Was there something happening today? I feel like someone somewhere in some thread mentioned something about today but I can’t quite put my finger on it…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    $.25 for $100 purchase. A quarter.

I throw quarters in the garbage so I don’t have to hear them jingling in my pocket.

The investment will largely pay for itself.
    Stop doing that. Instead, throw them and all of your other spare change in a container. I use an empty peanut butter jar. At the end of the year take it to a change counter at the bank and then give the dollars you get back to the Green and the Gold Collective. Or Teamakers.

You'll be surprised how much is in there. I usually end up with about $300
    Don't believe everything you think.