Page 11 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

I’m going to vote no
    Fargo city leaders are as bad as all other politicians with money
    TRUST THE PROCESS

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargo approves December 5th special election for Fargodome expansion, remodel

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Does a yes vote hurt our fbs chances?
    I hate to say it but it definitely doesn't help with the move. It would lock us into the 2nd smallest stadium in all of FBS for the next 25-30 years. We would only be behind SHU who is sure to announce an expansion soon. It is insane that they can't/won't acknowledge that elephant. I guess the bottom line to me is that a yes vote is good for Fargo but in the long term it is bad for NDSU. The FFD was outdated the day it was built and this addition does nothing to make it more attractive for tours/large events or FBS football. It's the definition of lipstick on a pig and I fail to see how bringing more traffic onto campus in the form of convention center tourism is good for NDSU.

With all that said, the state won't let its Universities bond anything so their forced to try and partner with its home city.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I hate to say it but it definitely doesn't help with the move. It would lock us into the 2nd smallest stadium in all of FBS for the next 25-30 years. We would only be behind SHU who is sure to announce an expansion soon. It is insane that they can't/won't acknowledge that elephant. I guess the bottom line to me is that a yes vote is good for Fargo but in the long term it is bad for NDSU. The FFD was outdated the day it was built and this addition does nothing to make it more attractive for tours/large events or FBS football. It's the definition of lipstick on a pig and I fail to see how bringing more traffic onto campus in the form of convention center tourism is good for NDSU.

With all that said, the state won't let its Universities bond anything so their forced to try and partner with its home city.
    It is not always about NDSU football. How about looking into what is good for Fargo and some of that may spill over into NDSU. The sad story of NDSU is that for the past many years, enrollment is declining and I fail to see that NDSU will be going to FBS. I would hazard a guess that a great deal of Fargoans do not care about NDSU football. What are the first 5 letters of FARGOdome??? I thought so....

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    It is not always about NDSU football. How about looking into what is good for Fargo and some of that may spill over into NDSU. The sad story of NDSU is that for the past many years, enrollment is declining and I fail to see that NDSU will be going to FBS. I would hazard a guess that a great deal of Fargoans do not care about NDSU football. What are the first 5 letters of FARGOdome??? I thought so....
    then just enjoy losing this amazing fanbase weve built the last 10-12 years....they've already lost 25% I'd venture to guess.

Then I'm with Unbison. .. but I can't vote in fargo anyways.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This will pass only because of the date its being voted on. I personally think its a waste of money. The dome needs to be imploded and built bigger. Continuing to just bandaid a big cut still lets it bleed and does not fix the problem.

Adding a convention center is a complete waste of money.

Adding bathrooms to the top floor of the dome is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard. How many people are gonna walk up those steep stairs to get up to the top of the dome to piss? Most ppl are half tipsy and out of breath by row P let alone try and go another 17 rows up. ALso claims to double the bathrooms if you have noise bleed seats, this does nothing for concerts where bathrooms are the bigger issue. It is not adding more bathrooms to the floor area or an area where they are needed.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

[QUOTE=Loud and Proud Bison fan;1631035]This will pass only because of the date its being voted on. I personally think its a waste of money. The dome needs to be imploded and built bigger. Continuing to just bandaid a big cut still lets it bleed and does not fix the problem.

Adding a convention center is a complete waste of money.

Adding bathrooms to the top floor of the dome is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever heard. How many people are gonna walk up those steep stairs to get up to the top of the dome to piss? Most ppl are half tipsy and out of breath by row P let alone try and go another 17 rows up. ALso claims to double the bathrooms if you have noise bleed seats, this does nothing for concerts where bathrooms are the bigger issue. It is not adding more bathrooms to the floor area or an area where they are needed.[/QUOT

If most people are half tipsy, then we have a larger problem than walking up "steep stairs."

then just enjoy losing this amazing fanbase weve built the last 10-12 years....they've already lost 25% I'd venture to guess.

Then I'm with Unbison. .. but I can't vote in fargo anyways.
    I think we have already lost many of this "amazing fanbase" for reasons other than failing to go FBS. You have frequently brought up those reasons.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

and if approved does it 99% kill my 40,000 NDSU on campus open air stadium that NDSU OWNS 100% and ALL THE REVENUES FROM?? or 60%
    Stupidity like this is why we can't have nice things. Fargo isn't buying us a $500m stadium that NDSU owns 100%.
    They have an offer on the table to give us a nice place for games now though. We should take it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Stupidity like this is why we can't have nice things. Fargo isn't buying us a $500m stadium that NDSU owns 100%.
    They have an offer on the table to give us a nice place for games now though. We should take it.
    huh? because if this passes the pu$$ies at the NDSU ADMIN won't take the chance on building their own stadium... that's why. we don't need "fargo" to build it. NDSU should build it!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

and if approved does it 99% kill my 40,000 NDSU on campus open air stadium that NDSU OWNS 100% and ALL THE REVENUES FROM?? or 60%
    Never had a chance to begin with.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."