Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Colorado State "NDSU West 2"

Default Re: 2023 Colorado State "NDSU West 2"

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Anyone know what is the buyout for the CU game next season? When does a school need to notify the dropped school of its decision? I'm very skeptical the CU game will happen.
    $700k was what they are paying us, so isn't the buyout the same? (which is peanuts to Prime/Colorado)

they can drop all the way up to 60 or 90 days I believe depending on the contract.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 09-18-2023 at 06:11 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    $500k was what they are paying us, so isn't the buyout the same? (which is peanuts to Prime/Colorado)

they can drop all the way up to 60 or 90 days I believe depending on the contract.
    LOL do you even look things up or just type blindly??? (Spoiler: I already know the answer )

They are paying NDSU $700k for the game and no buyouts are not the same as the guarantee, they are a separate "line item" negotiated in every game contract.

ok 700k fat fingers.

they can buyout at any time and we should all just assume it will be bought out.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ok 700k fat fingers.

they can buyout at any time and we should all just assume it will be bought out.
    I think there are multiple factors that go into them buying out this game if they do. How does the year play out for Prime and his attention seeking ways? What if they end up .500 or 7-5? That may mean Prime is back for a second year and no way he or the school wants their momentum crushed by the possible loss to NDSU. If they go 10-2, win a bowl and Prime bolts for the first SEC or Big Ten opening they may want to buyout so their new coach can keep the momentum going after what you can assume will be a lot of players jumping into the portal. Lots of shakeup may cause them to look for a cupcake to start the new coach's tenure.

That said I don't think it's likely they will buyout the game but there are some scenarios where I could see some discussion on their end.

Aren't we going to lose 20 out of 22 starters for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Aren't we going to lose 20 out of 22 starters for next year?
    We don't know how many seniors will return for their extra year in 2024. There are only 8 on the roster unable to return and not all of them are starters.

533 In a row

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    We don't know how many seniors will return for their extra year in 2024. There are only 8 on the roster unable to return and not all of them are starters.
    What's your guess Road? I'll say somewhere around 60% come back?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If we could improve recruiting next year, I'd be fine with more than 10 leaving. Lets get some STARS playing Day 1 like the big boy colleges do!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I think there are multiple factors that go into them buying out this game if they do. How does the year play out for Prime and his attention seeking ways? What if they end up .500 or 7-5? That may mean Prime is back for a second year and no way he or the school wants their momentum crushed by the possible loss to NDSU. If they go 10-2, win a bowl and Prime bolts for the first SEC or Big Ten opening they may want to buyout so their new coach can keep the momentum going after what you can assume will be a lot of players jumping into the portal. Lots of shakeup may cause them to look for a cupcake to start the new coach's tenure.

That said I don't think it's likely they will buyout the game but there are some scenarios where I could see some discussion on their end.
    With all that said......there's still a chance???

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    With all that said......there's still a chance???
    So you’re telling me there’s a chance ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk